Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Queen

Whitestar

• Members
On 17/09/2022 at 20:11, London Wanderer said:

Course you do matey. Rangers fans can often be heard singing about the famine to the majority of Celtic fans that don't subscribe to the views of the Green Brigade.

But you forgive them because they shout No Surrender & love the Queen. Welcome to Bolty's Bubble. A land where you have to love the Monarchy or else you can move to Ireland. Democracy at its finest.

Hopefully we'll have independence up here before too long. Maybe Rangers will join the English League then? 

Hopefully? They should let the English vote on that as it would likely be a landslide. I doubt we will even give permission for another referendum on independence which is probably a godsend for Scotland as you'd be fucked without the public purse - the vast majority of which is generated in England. North Sea oil isn't yours and soon no one will want the stuff anyway. That leaves whisky and tourism. You'd be royally fucked.

Rangers can come to England anytime for me. I wonder if we can offer a package deal in a swap scenario? You can have Liverpool, Everton, FGR, Trampmere, DMB's and Wigan. Has to be a good deal?

Pretty bubbles in the air............

5 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Hopefully? They should let the English vote on that as it would likely be a landslide. I doubt we will even give permission for another referendum on independence which is probably a godsend for Scotland as you'd be fucked without the public purse - the vast majority of which is generated in England. North Sea oil isn't yours and soon no one will want the stuff anyway. That leaves whisky and tourism. You'd be royally fucked.

Rangers can come to England anytime for me. I wonder if we can offer a package deal in a swap scenario? You can have Liverpool, Everton, FGR, Trampmere, DMB's and Wigan. Has to be a good deal?

Just the usual quick Bolty fact check for ya folks;

Less than half of English people (46%) say they want Scotland to remain part of the UK. Few want to see the nation pull away, however, at just 13%. Most of the rest (34%) have no opinion, saying that they consider it a matter for the people of Scotland to decide.

6 hours ago, bolty58 said:

My Rangers comment was just a joke brother. 

I've got friends up here who support both teams and it would be a massive loss if they left. Unlike you I can see both sides to it. I'm not completely oblivious to some of the awful anti-Irish songs that Rangers fans sing. And I'm not willing to forgive them (your words) because they respect the Queen. Neither am I saying the Green Brigade are innocent. It was just funny seeing the hypocrisy of the right wing press meltdown the other day.

All perfectly summed up by your good self when you took offence at the Fuck the Crown banner but thought making a famine joke was fine 👍

Glasgow wouldn't be what it is without the Irish immigrant influence. From music to industry, It's a richer city for it and the connection is special. And of course the same applies to the British influence. 

I thought as an immigrant this is something you'd also understand?

As for your economic rant about Scotland.... Hows the state of the British public purse? Everything booming? Can't blame folk for wanting an alternative form of economics. 

7 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Rangers can come to England anytime for me.

Thankfully that'll never happen. It's ridiculous when Celtic and Rangers push for it. They can fuck right off, they're Scotch, not English, so they can stay put. Anybody who wants then in the English league, just doesn't like or appreciate the history of the game.