Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Morecambe away

bwfc2003

Didn’t play well today but would have taken a point before kick off and Mr Evatt delivered on it. 

Playoffs all but secure for me. Permission to not panic Mr Mainwaring. We will be fine all. 

Day trippers elite today was painful. 

mutley 

4 hours ago, desperado said:

I’m a bit pissed.

But I’ve just said the same thing.

Think I saw your lad there today👏

Its all good for a double Wembley slot

COYFWM

Yes he was there.

So was I but I did 10KM across the front instead 😂😂

Glad you enjoyed it 👍🏻

Edited by captainmed

6 hours ago, Didledee said:

Awful performance again, not good enough, only Dempsey played well imo, our 2 cb's Toal and Mbete gave it away so often when they went forward, one good chance for Sheehan and a half chance for Dan, every long throw and corner we had seemed to be cleared.

Too many dropped points but unless the others win their games in hand our 10 points should be okay, though it could look worse when April comes with us going into 2 big games v top teams in poor performance form and we've just played 2 away games in a row, 4 of the next 6 are also away.

You didn’t watch it Toal was shocking but Mbete MOTM for me

56 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Didn’t play well today but would have taken a point before kick off and Mr Evatt delivered on it. 

Playoffs all but secure for me. Permission to not panic Mr Mainwaring. We will be fine all. 

Day trippers elite today was painful. 

mutley 

Was Big Bird in attendance?

We just aren’t very good at the moment, you can point to a number of different technical reasons as to why, but we’re just not clicking.

It doesn’t help that we have a few poor players in the team at the moment (Sheehan and Mbete from the starting line up and then Kachunga and Williams coming on) because it means there’s added pressure on the good players and a few of them have been a bit out of form over the past couple of games (Toal, Morley to an extent, Bradley).

I’d love to know why Lee didn’t come on today, he is in a different stratosphere to Kachunga and could have actually done something to win us the game - which Kachunga was never going to do.

In the end there’s no huge damage due to other results, and a point away from home is never a bad result, but we could really do with snapping out of this run of poor performances before it does cause us some problems.

• Site Supporter

Let the other promotion challengers burn themselves out trying for automatic places. It’s always the in-form teams going into the play offs that tend to prosper so maybe we concentrate on just keeping ourselves in the orbit of the other challengers ready for the play offs. We’re clearly at an ebb but sure we’ll manage the turn of the tide.

White on Tyne. Always nautical.  

10 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

Quite. Which is why it was only dreamers that had any thoughts of automatic promotion.

For a short time it seemed possible.Rioch's 3rd Division team won 14 of their last 17  to finish second, Evatt's needed to win 13 of their last 16.

As it turned out Evatt's signings weren't as good and they weren't as well managed...being tired in league matches due to targetting the Freight Rover ffs

Also will people stop saying the play offs are a lottery where each team has an equal chance of winning.They definitely aren't that.

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

For a short time it seemed possible.Rioch's 3rd Division team won 14 of their last 

Also will people stop saying the play offs are a lottery where each team has an equal chance of winning.They definitely aren't that.

Aye, I'm sure there's probably a later article but found this

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/10275474/football-league-play-offs-is-third-place-a-curse-or-is-that-a-myth

Playoff promoted finishing position

40% 3rd

21% 4th

20% 5th and 6th

10 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think we also need to evaluate the transfer window, our signings have been incredibly ineffective this far.  

VIctor has been poor/injured, Nlundunu has been poor/injured, Jerome has barely kicked a ball/injured, Williams has been poor and Shoretire has been ineffective.

Would Dapo have helped us in the past couple game? Maybe, maybe not. But the fact is our signings have been massively poor thus far. I'm all for giving time, but we need them to perform now. 

I think Williams is the worst of the lot, he is incredibly lightweight and has no IQ going forward - Very underwhelming given his Championship experience 

It's an interesting one because if you go back to when FV took over the signings have been pretty good - not top notch but good enough to get us promoted and to push on and all presumably working to a budget. My understanding is that we use all manner of data analysis a la moneyball so in theory at least the latest batch must have been carefully evaluated and brought in to do specific jobs within the system.

So why is it not working as well as we might have hoped?  Seems to me that either there was a miscalculation somewhere along the line or - and hopefully this is right - that these players will come good.

On our day we can be brilliant but as we get to the business end of the season things change - teams fighting for survival up their game, the January window can transform some unlikely teams, injuries and suspensions seem to kick in more and unexpected results happen. Presumably the idea was to bring in players that could give us more strength in depth to deal with these scenarios? But I reckon that we had to gamble a bit because you can't just buy top players unless you're loaded so players like Shola and Dan may have been bought for their potential, Randall in the hope he'd recreate the form he once had, Adobe in the hope he'd continue getting goals and Cam to do the injured JDBs impact sub job.

If we evaluate them, it ain't working yet but in theory at least it could work and they might just surprise us.

If the rest of the team start to play as we know they can, maybe the newbies will step up more?

14 hours ago, MickyD said:

I don’t have a clue what the circuitous route around the stadium was about. @radcliffe white may have a better idea as I saw him “discussing” things with Lancs Police at the first corner. 🤣 

I think a lot of the Indian stewards may be from the same agency that supplies to home games.

Coppers were in good spirits tbf when I told them we were all expecting a tenner each for our sponsored walk around the stadium.

The weirdest bit was making us all go out on the left hand side and then turn left when surely if they’d sent us out by the scoreboard then at least we were only having to walk the width of one end instead of both.

16 hours ago, Cheese said:

Again, the irony evades you.

The problem with online forums is you don't have that visual.....ya know the sort, you'll be enjoying a pre-match or half time pint with ya best mate talking girls n wanderers and some demic will drift in to your zone with his chicken pie covered in warm mayonnaise froffin at the mouth and eyeballing you for interaction.....you and best mate feel its presence but don't offer eyes to the zombie in the hope it drifts on by to some other unfortunate soul. Still, the dawn of the dead extra refuses to budge and blurts out some rubbish in attempt to engage you in you're free sacred hours at the match, your sanctuary from work, wives kids and the blind dog that now toilets indoors......"bloody shit that, we don't know what we're doin do we, evatt clueless, we'll never win league drawin 0-0 against sheff wed" etc.

You and mate give each other the nod, smash the two thirds of your remaining pints in three gulps and shuffle on to spend the second half bloated with stomach cramps.....

Well anyway. What I'm getting at is on a forum you naturally expect people on your wavelength to a point......but, appears that zombies have found out how to use computers 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

The problem with online forums is you don't have that visual.....ya know the sort, you'll be enjoying a pre-match or half time pint with ya best mate talking girls n wanderers and some demic will drift in to your zone with his chicken pie covered in warm mayonnaise froffin at the mouth and eyeballing you for interaction.....you and best mate feel its presence but don't offer eyes to the zombie in the hope it drifts on by to some other unfortunate soul. Still, the dawn of the dead extra refuses to budge and blurts out some rubbish in attempt to engage you in you're free sacred hours at the match, your sanctuary from work, wives kids and the blind dog that now toilets indoors......"bloody shit that, we don't know what we're doin do we, evatt clueless, we'll never win league drawin 0-0 against sheff wed" etc.

You and mate give each other the nod, smash the two thirds of your remaining pints in three gulps and shuffle on to spend the second half bloated with stomach cramps.....

Well anyway. What I'm getting at is on a forum you naturally expect people on your wavelength to a point......but, appears that zombies have found out how to use computers 

Great observation.

20 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

I really hope you’ve spent all night composing that post in your head 🤣 👏 

15 hours ago, MickyD said:

I don’t have a clue what the circuitous route around the stadium was about. @radcliffe white may have a better idea as I saw him “discussing” things with Lancs Police at the first corner. 🤣 

I think a lot of the Indian stewards may be from the same agency that supplies to home games.

Yes having a chat about the over zealous stewarding

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Marvellous post 🤣

Fortunately, from my experiences, the large majority on here are the folk that you would be happily chatting and having a pint with, not the zombies spitting their pie at you. 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Yes having a chat about the over zealous stewarding

A chat or a “chat”?

One of the Indian stewards in the yellow/blue jackets told me to wind my neck in and carry on when I questioned the idea behind the route around the ground actually directing us through the Morecambe fans from behind the opposite end. 
It was all I could do, even sober, not to go back to discuss his lippy attitude to customer service. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Eddie said:

We just aren’t very good at the moment, you can point to a number of different technical reasons as to why, but we’re just not clicking.

It doesn’t help that we have a few poor players in the team at the moment (Sheehan and Mbete from the starting line up and then Kachunga and Williams coming on) because it means there’s added pressure on the good players and a few of them have been a bit out of form over the past couple of games (Toal, Morley to an extent, Bradley).

I’d love to know why Lee didn’t come on today, he is in a different stratosphere to Kachunga and could have actually done something to win us the game - which Kachunga was never going to do.

In the end there’s no huge damage due to other results, and a point away from home is never a bad result, but we could really do with snapping out of this run of poor performances before it does cause us some problems.

This. 

1 hour ago, auckland_bwfc said:

Hahahaha brilliant writing again.

And with the emotion of the winning tap in Vs accy a side, relying on Kachunga to come change our game is also affecting us.

There's a couple of players that are not good enough for us to try and get in the championship e.g. Sheehan, Williams etc. But Kachunga would the first one out the door for me.

Whether he starts or comes on, he adds absoutely nothing, just throws himself to the floor and strops about. Yesterday he received the ball in a highly promising counter attacking position and miss controlled it, killing the attack. 

Him getting abuse however is just not on, but that doesn't mean we can't criticise his poor performances. 2 league goals in 70, we won't be going up with that.

Surely with Evatt and the mass amount of data and study he does on players he knows that too. And I hope he's only playing him only because he has to as there's no one else.

Which also begs the question, what about our youngsters? We are at a pivotal point in the season, but we haven't had any young players come through for a long time.

Can they be much worse than Kachunga?

Edited by Lostock Whites

21 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

And with the emotion of the winning tap in Vs accy a side, relying on Kachunga to come change our game is also affecting us.

There's a couple of players that are not good enough for us to try and get in the championship e.g. Sheehan, Williams etc. But Kachunga would the first one out the door for me.

Whether he starts or comes on, he adds absoutely nothing, just throws himself to the floor and strops about. Yesterday he received the ball in a highly promising counter attacking position and miss controlled it, killing the attack. 

Him getting abuse however is just not on, but that doesn't mean we can't criticise his poor performances. 2 league goals in 70, we won't be going up with that.

Surely with Evatt and the mass amount of data and study he does on players he knows that too. And I hope he's only playing him only because he has to as there's no one else.

Which also begs the question, what about our youngsters? We are at a pivotal point in the season, but we haven't had any young players come through for a long time.

Can they be much worse than Kachunga?

Name a player to play instead of him yesterday