Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Papa Johns Trophy or Promotion? Can only choose one for this season

gaztruman

Papa Johns Trophy or Promotion? Can only choose one for this season  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was saying to my lad last night that finishing 6th is more important than winning the Papa Johns and he told me I was talking a load of shite.

His young head said we'll be watching next season regardless of what division we are in but he might never see us win a cup at Wembley again so he takes the cup.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I was saying to my lad last night that finishing 6th is more important than winning the Papa Johns and he told me I was talking a load of shite.

His young head said we'll be watching next season regardless of what division we are in but he might never see us win a cup at Wembley again so he takes the cup.

It’s not my vote - promotion every time.

But I get where him and others are coming from with that point of view. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Fair play to him for having that view.

If it was the FA Cup or even League Cup I'd probably agree with him.

The issue here is ,yes, it does seem to be a no brainer, but, would we want to go up and do a Wigan? losing week in, week out?  My own opinion is the team we have is nowhere near good enough to  go up, and stay up, so a bit up in the air i would think for some posters.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, woolli said:

The issue here is ,yes, it does seem to be a no brainer, but, would we want to go up and do a Wigan? losing week in, week out?  My own opinion is the team we have is nowhere near good enough to  go up, and stay up, so a bit up in the air i would think for some posters.

It's good enough to go up if we do.

Once up, changes will be made- that is a no-brainer.

As to the question above- promotion any day.

30 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Fair play to him for having that view.

If it was the FA Cup or even League Cup I'd probably agree with him.

Yeah I’d go with that. Different with this one, though I do think it could play a big part momentum-wise with promotion. I genuinely think we’ll end up with none or both. 

3 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

I didn't vote, because I'm somewhere between you and your lad. I haven't seen us win any trophy outright, and being part of 30,000 Wanderers celebrating a cup win no matter how tinpot, would blow my mind. 

If I felt we'd compete at Championship level minus Trafford and likely Bradley, it would be much clearer. I think I'd rather see us consolidate, regroup with a few more additions, and "Piss the League" next year.

That said... why not both??

Papa Johns for me. Probably the last chance my Dad will have chance to see us at Wembley at the ripe old age of 79. My two lads first visit as well.

I hate the competition and haven't been to a single game, but winning at Wembley with 25k+ Whites there including 3 generations of my family possibly for the only time ever?

Got to take that all day long. We can win the league next season :D