Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion (A)

burnden

3 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

A point. Down to 6th. Not really promotion form. Hopefully things will pick up again soon, but we've put pressure on ourselves to beat the Shrews now.

8 points from 12 with 3 aways from 4 is not too shabby

Edited by superkev

I would of took a point before the game but fuck me we could of scored 5.

Even overlooking the shocking miss by Thomasson from a fucking yard out, he was fucking woeful that half. There was a point in the second half where he pinged a ball at Nlundulu at about 40 miles an hour from 5 yards away and Nlundulu was as disgusted as I was. He dragged a shot 10 yards wide on his left foot with all the time in the world. He's shite, he's not up to it. Couldn't pass fucking wind. 

MJ played well at the back R.Williams grew into the game and played well second half. Thought Morely was quite poor overall, and as experienced as Jerome is he is shit, he points a lot but does nothing. Never convinced changing both strikers is the best way to go and might have been better bringing on Dan first

1 minute ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A good point (in the circumstances) away from home

We're in the play-off places with a match in hand and three of our final four matches at home - if we don't make it we only have ourselves to blame

Agree with this if we miss out only ourselves to blame . 

Can anyone explain why Thomason played the full 90? Morley was also poor and we needed a goal. Shoretire and Sheehan on the bench surely could've unlocked something for us ?

Evatt is the manager and knows his job better than any of us. But why replace the 2 strikers and that's it? We needed someone with a bit of quality in that middle of the pitch to unlock the door.

When Jerome was picking the ball up on the edge of the box he had no idea what to do with it.

We're still in a good position with a game in hand, but we are making it difficult for ourselves.

Just 2 wins in our last 8, that is worrying

3 minutes ago, woolli said:

Back to shooting and crossing practice this week! 

After the last few weeks (league games) I'll take off target shooting, it beats no shooting at all.  Happy with point and quite pleased that it makes Saturday's home game feel more important and it will have an edge to it.

4 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A good point (in the circumstances) away from home

We're in the play-off places with a match in hand and three of our final four matches at home - if we don't make it we only have ourselves to blame

Did you watch it? we should have been 4 or 5 up!

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Thomason other than the miss had a great game (I think it’s his perfect type of game)

2 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Even overlooking the shocking miss by Thomasson from a fucking yard out, he was fucking woeful that half.

It's a game of opinions 🙂

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Would have taken a point, expected a harder game but so frustrating not to win it with all those simple chances.

Fair play to MJ who looked very good at CB, Thomason other than the miss had a great game (I think it’s his perfect type of game) and plenty of 7/10s across the pitch.

Got to be said that there can’t be many worse 20 minute appearances than Jerome. Glad we’ve got some options up top because I wouldn’t want to be relying on him going into the play offs.

You must of been watching a different game than me because Thomasson was fucking shite that second half. Every pass was given away, every shot dragged wide or over the bar from a yard out. The perfect type of game for George is when he spends the whole of it on the bench. 

Edited by Arrested development

2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It's a game of opinions 🙂

I also don’t think he’s good enough for where we want to be, but in a scrappy game on a shit pitch I thought he broke up play well and was important to us dominating the midfield.

He can’t fucking shoot though!

Id love to be proven wrong but I don't think we will get promoted/ play in the championship with players like Thomason, hes a good a squad player, still a young lad and has a good work ethic, but he's just not good enough.

There's a lot more questionable players who I don't think are good enough/ can rely upon to win us matches at this level, such as Williams, Jerome, Kachunga etc. But we are in the position we're in, lots of injuries and have to work with what we've got

2 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

Can anyone explain why Thomason played the full 90? Morley was also poor and we needed a goal. Shoretire and Sheehan on the bench surely could've unlocked something for us ?

Evatt is the manager and knows his job better than any of us. But why replace the 2 strikers and that's it? We needed someone with a bit of quality in that middle of the pitch to unlock the door.

When Jerome was picking the ball up on the edge of the box he had no idea what to do with it.

We're still in a good position with a game in hand, but we are making it difficult for ourselves.

Just 2 wins in our last 8, that is worrying

We dominated midfield with Thomason and Morley. Yes there were missed place passes and Thomason missed a sitter but the system was working so why change it? Very difficult for a center mid to come into a scrappy game like that.

Decent point, some good performances from the lads that came in and no new injuries. Can't see anything to be down about.

8 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

I would of took a point before the game but fuck me we could of scored 5.

Even overlooking the shocking miss by Thomasson from a fucking yard out, he was fucking woeful that half. There was a point in the second half where he pinged a ball at Nlundulu at about 40 miles an hour from 5 yards away and Nlundulu was as disgusted as I was. He dragged a shot 10 yards wide on his left foot with all the time in the world. He's shite, he's not up to it. Couldn't pass fucking wind. 

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your assessment of Thomasson, but I must admit if there's one player I would almost expect to miss from a couple of yards its him.  Yet he can ping a 30 yard pass on to someone's toenail which I'd say only Morley, Santos and Johnstone can match.  Tomo is also the last player I'd expect to control a ball easily, it always seems to bounce off him and often his 2nd touch is a tackle.  May well be a L1 player for years but certainly not going any higher, one of the many that will be finding a new club should we go up.