Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter (H).

captainmed

2 hours ago, Zico said:

I sat completely still on some car park at Derby last year for over an hour trying to get away after

There's a housing estate the other side of the A52, takes about 15 mins to walk, but you get away no problem.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, embankment said:

Not for me traditional bitter 

Please don’t get me wrong, there is a need for people who have abnormal taste buds and like wearing 1970’s cardigans with leather elbow pads to go to , maybe put a mobile bar on a bus , perfect. Anyway coywm 

On 26/11/2023 at 13:15, FrancisFogarty said:

What? At all?

Traffic was never this bad when we were getting PL crowds.

Buses don't get priority now, since the machines came in. They are just in the free for all melee. That's the reason I saw my arse over the buses. Apart from bringing them forward an hour for 3:00 KO that is.

Memories fading but werent there 4 large car parks around the Barnstormers pub ? Plus parking arounf the Beehive and Green Man /Green Wood pub . Thats a lot of carparking space gone from when we played in the Prem. 

• Site Supporter
On 26/11/2023 at 23:02, frank_spencer said:

The lights at the car park and the Spirit Of Sport roundabout used to be monitored and controlled from the stadium security office

There was always a copper at the grey control box on the pavement adjacent to the Spirit of Sport roundabout. Usually former cricketer, Mick Fletcher.

was refreshing to see how much support Dan got in replies to this post, seen a lot of negativity about him online, I’m sure those messages will mean a lot to him and boost his confidence even more.

Having said that, this post under the official goal notification did make me chuckle:

1 hour ago, Mantra said:

was refreshing to see how much support Dan got in replies to this post, seen a lot of negativity about him online, I’m sure those messages will mean a lot to him and boost his confidence even more.

Having said that, this post under the official goal notification did make me chuckle:

Goals bring confidence. Dan last goalscorer tonight is - 15/2. Tempted.

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

Cant read the replies. Hope to god he got pelters.

Makes me glad Im not on there anymore.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Only an imbecile would want him to fail then they could say told you so. He knows he's had a tough time of things, lets hope he goes on to bag 10 + more this season

Totally agree; IE knows Dan has quality but he needs confidence. Maghoma is firing now and if we could get Dan the same we would batter everyone 

We know Ian Evatt can spot a talent.

We know Evatt sees the players most days and is aware of what people can do.

We know Evatt rates Dan, even if not yet the finished article.

To be fair to the fans, who haven't turned on Dan, they've seen precious little of this in his cameos so far.

I hope Dan proves the faith to be correct & Evatt can give us a big, smug, self-satisfied "I told you so". I really do.