Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Where will we finish

Eddie

7 hours ago, Traf said:

Love it.

Like I said in another thread I referred to Portsmouth they’ve had a bad time with injuries and they’ve dealt with it, suspensions are our own fault in particular GT who can’t seem to tackle properly.and also I may add some of our poorer performances have been whilst the likes of santos & co have been playing

sorry was meant reply to 63

Edited by radcliffe white

All true White and Pompey have done well and whilst I know you make your own luck they do seem to have had more than their fair share of late winners and penalties. That’s how it goes sometimes and I know all teams get injuries but we do seem to have had misfortune all at the same time.

• Members
24 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Play offs, get beat at home and draw the away game at Derby.

If we're meeting in the play-offs I'd see the final being the most likely

Assuming its Pompey and Barnsley going up automatically, can see both finishing third and fourth

Can't see anyone finishing above either into third or one of us falling down to sixth

7 hours ago, TM Trotter said:

2nd.

Maybe some will say I'm naive, but for me, if I resign myself to this just being a playoff lottery season, why bother? 

We're over the shit horrible bogey fixtures, and we're going up. 

I love your optimism but Derby and Barnsley away are very much bogey fixtures

• Members

I can't see anything other than us finishing in the play-offs and then going out meekly.

This is based purely on our performances over the last few weeks.  We are in a bad run of form at present and there's no hiding from that.

Of course, this could all change and by God I hope it does.  After two quick successive defeats in local games Evatt and the players will be hurting.  It's on them now to see what they're made of.

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Just had a look at Barnsley and you're right. Only time I've been over there, we tonked their 10 men...

I'd forgotten our hideous Derby record after a few beers.

Fuck!

2 hours ago, Farrelli said:

From seeing the home games, I think we are much the better team.

But we need to go out and prove it.

Both winnable imo, but can understand why folk have zero confidence in the team right now.

22 minutes ago, Greg_BWFC said:

From seeing the home games, I think we are much the better team.

But we need to go out and prove it.

Both winnable imo, but can understand why folk have zero confidence in the team right now.

From memory we made hard work of beating 10 men derby and we just about survived a late onslaught, Barnsley had great opportunities to beat us just poor finishing 

As I’ve been saying for some time we haven’t been playing well now for a couple of months. 

Eventually your luck runs out, and this normally happens away from home, as has been proven. 

We’ve won 4 of our last 10 league games FFS, all against bottom half teams of course. 

I think we’ll finish 4th, but even that won’t happen if we can’t deal with these difficult fixtures ahead.