Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets 24/25

L/H White

33 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Perhaps with the match day experience costing so much these days the good value tickets get forgotten 

£8.20 to park, £20 in fuel, leaving at 12 getting back at 8 (admittedly with a family visit due to dog sitting requirement) makes it not the most appealing for another year of league 1.

think the problem is as I get older / more boring I am finding other things to do. I can go out running with my mates in the am, then go for brunch and still have a few beers and enjoy the match. 

transport is a big factor.got the train for the first time in ages to a home game. Hardly any trains run, they block off the gate so you miss the only train unless you go Uber cunt (which I did) and open the gate. It still took 3 hours due to cancellations. Surely a special could run to Manchester post match 

26 minutes ago, Big E said:

£8.20 to park, £20 in fuel, leaving at 12 getting back at 8 (admittedly with a family visit due to dog sitting requirement) makes it not the most appealing for another year of league 1.

think the problem is as I get older / more boring I am finding other things to do. I can go out running with my mates in the am, then go for brunch and still have a few beers and enjoy the match. 

transport is a big factor.got the train for the first time in ages to a home game. Hardly any trains run, they block off the gate so you miss the only train unless you go Uber cunt (which I did) and open the gate. It still took 3 hours due to cancellations. Surely a special could run to Manchester post match 

Why are you paying to park you massive div?

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Completely understand mate. Go and need to do what you need to do😂

4 hours ago, Big E said:

I’ve got 3 to renew and working on a 4th. They are decent value but I am definitely seeing the appeal of watching it at home and not losing my entire day for the football. 

Insert spiderman pointing gif. 

I've had a year off after 27 years of renewals. Not sure I'm coming back. 

5 or 6 games a season will do thanks to Ifollow. 

Edited by stevieb

1 hour ago, Big E said:

I get it. I've renewed because it's cheap (and I want early access to premium away games next year!) but when you live further afield home games are a shambles with public transport the way it it. I'm at the point not where I'm paying a season ticket to go to roughly 13 games as pubic transport can't do anything other than Saturday 3pms and even then it's a gamble

• Site Supporter

I renewed and still enjoy Saturday games and I still don't agree with making the match bus an hour earlier. If I didn't get on a pub bus at decent time I might think again.

I go to night matches in the league but as I've said before cup matches I don't bother with. I get a ticket for the match but don't go. Fiver for a ticket plus ten for WTv will do do for a cold wet Tuesday night and I'm still in pocket.

8 hours ago, Big E said:

£20 in fuel 

what you driving a Tank

9 hours ago, tomski said:

Completely understand mate. Go and need to do what you need to do😂

My main reason for renewing is to see you benders. Which concerns me ha ha 

9 hours ago, Stig said:

I get it. I've renewed because it's cheap (and I want early access to premium away games next year!) but when you live further afield home games are a shambles with public transport the way it it. I'm at the point not where I'm paying a season ticket to go to roughly 13 games as pubic transport can't do anything other than Saturday 3pms and even then it's a gamble

That is a positive that it is cheap enough you don’t panic when you miss a few. 

i've not renewed yet, but i will be back next season- just not sure where as yet. all being well, will be the last year before lad gets a scholar, then be following him across the country on a saturday morning- so i really want to make next season count. 100% club currently falling on deaf ears though

We have renewed, but did think about it for first time in ages. We renewed last year even though youth was meant to be moving abroad with work.

i drive to every home game which is not usually a problem but would be nice to have the option every so often to have a few beers. Just make we have a few at away games.

Few things IMO might be affecting sales 

1 think they have tightened up on people using junior tickets

2 Speculation over kick off times next season and number of televised games. 

3 Demand for away tickets has meant that buying a Junior ticket for very occasional use but ok for away tickets has been a waste this year. Be interesting to know what split of sales is between full price and concessions this year. 

The kick off times is the big one, especially if games are going to be on telly. Takes us usually between 75 and 90 minutes to get over. We leave before 1 for a 3 o'clock kick off. Get home half 6/ 7 .

Move everything forward by 2.5 hours for 12:30 kick offs means leaving home at 10:30, or back the same for 5:30 kick offs getting home for about 9. It is just a pain especially when weather or M62 is shit ! Tempting to just say fuck it and put the telly on. 

I am convinced it’s just a handful of tinfoil hat people who actually believe there are thousands of kids tickets unused just for away tickets 

Edited by Big E

• Moderators

missed 6 games so far this sesaon

and will miss the next remaining 4

so will only have done 13 out of 23

renewed anyway, hope to make more next season

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

missed 6 games so far this sesaon

and will miss the next remaining 4

so will only have done 13 out of 23

renewed anyway, hope to make more next season

Still worth it even at that price.

Mate lives in Carlisle and has probably only used his half a dozen times and still worth it.

Not renewed my lads one but his seat has already been taken by a mate who hasn’t had one in years as he’s been living overseas but moving back here

45 minutes ago, Big E said:

I am convinced it’s just a handful of tinfoil hat people who actually believe there are thousands of kids tickets unused just for away tickets 

I do think there are plenty you have paid kids prices thinking even of kid only goes a few games sure mates will be able to sneak in on it and can use it if we fancy an away trip. 

4 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Still worth it even at that price.

Mate lives in Carlisle and has probably only used his half a dozen times and still worth it.

Not renewed my lads one but his seat has already been taken by a mate who hasn’t had one in years as he’s been living overseas but moving back here

I'm struggling with how its worth it at £50 a game 😀  Its £10 against Reading and that's at least the 3rd game at that price.

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm struggling with how its worth it at £50 a game 😀  Its £10 against Reading and that's at least the 3rd game at that price.

£219 (NSL) divided by 6 games is £36.50 so not a million miles off the mark with some of the match prices and a way of showing support. Been to a couple of away games that he wouldn’t have got a ticket for, and another mate’s Mrs tends to use it on the games he doesn’t go to. Everyone’s a winner.