Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cambridge United (H)

captainmed

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd make a few changes today to freshen it up - not as a knee jerk reaction.

Ramsey for Cogley, Forester for Toal, Dempsey for Maghoma and Collins to start. I'd even be tempted to start Morley for Sheehan 

I agree with 3 of those.

I don't fancy Ramsey at all so far and I'd always play Sheehan ahead of Morley.

2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I agree with 3 of those.

I don't fancy Ramsey at all so far and I'd always play Sheehan ahead of Morley.

Jones in the Cogley position and Forrester in the back 3. Ashworth LWB and midfield three of Sheehan, Dempsey and Maghona with Collins and Victor up top

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Fuck me Collins could do with a goal today.

Surely he will then start to look something like the player we thought we were signing.

He's been unlucky to come into the side when he has. 

Would have been great earlier in the season when we were in our pomp. 

40 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'd make a few changes today to freshen it up - not as a knee jerk reaction.

Ramsey for Cogley, Forester for Toal, Dempsey for Maghoma and Collins to start. I'd even be tempted to start Morley for Sheehan 

Agreed with most.....Cogley needs a rest and personal coaching how to cross a ball. Forrester for either Toal or Jones

Dempsey for Maghoma. Collins obviously for Gomes and i would always start Sheehan unless injured

• Moderators

I cant not like toal and it can work, we have seen it, but its a painful watch, sometimes, when hes on the left

For a game like today, id want left foot, so iredale

• Site Supporter

If Iredale had made the same basic errors Cogley and Jones have made recently, he'd be getting slated.

My concern with Sheehan is we need him on Tuesday so must not get booked today

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

If Iredale had made the same basic errors Cogley and Jones have made recently, he'd be getting slated.

My concern with Sheehan is we need him on Tuesday so must not get booked today

I actually think it may be good one to take as Barnsley’s midfield will be all over him.

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Jones in the Cogley position and Forrester in the back 3. Ashworth LWB and midfield three of Sheehan, Dempsey and Maghona with Collins and Victor up top

I can not see a midfield without Legohead so would swap him for Maghoma or even Sheehan. 

1 hour ago, masi 51 said:

Agreed with most.....Cogley needs a rest and personal coaching how to cross a ball. Forrester for either Toal or Jones

Dempsey for Maghoma. Collins obviously for Gomes and i would always start Sheehan unless injured

I'm sure in the last 13 years since he joined Birmingham he's had plenty of coaching on how to cross a ball.  He's 27, he isn't improving now, and that's not a criticism, just how it is.  A bit like coaching Santos how to head a ball in the opposition box or MJ Williams to shoot from distance.  We sign the finished article in the vast majority of cases (Tomo an exception with his youth, made great progress).

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm sure in the last 13 years since he joined Birmingham he's had plenty of coaching on how to cross a ball.  He's 27, he isn't improving now, and that's not a criticism, just how it is.  A bit like coaching Santos how to head a ball in the opposition box or MJ Williams to shoot from distance.  We sign the finished article in the vast majority of cases (Tomo an exception with his youth, made great progress).

Evatt has said he can coach and improve each player here........It is never too late

20 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Evatt has said he can coach and improve each player here........It is never too late

Is it too late for Evatt to be coached and improved to find an effective plan B?

I'd be concerned if we had a manager who didn't say he could improve players.

Maybe the ex Prem centre half Evatt hasn't got round to teaching Santos how to threaten from headers yet!  Or maybe its just a skill you're either born with or not.

To be clear, no criticism of anyone, I just think professional footballers in their mid to late 20s are what they are, technical improvements like dribbling, crossing, being 2 footed (like Collins is) will be minimal.

3 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Puzzled why forrester isn’t getting picked 

I'd like Evatt to tell us whether he is genuinely fit or not. For him to have warmed the bench now for half a dozen games, after looking as solid as any of our defence when he got injured, is baffling

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Greg_BWFC said:

Especially seeing as Toal is carrying an injury 🤔

And being one of ours rather than a loan signing..

Maybe he needs a preseason? 

Is toal carrying an injury? Be a nice selection headache when johnston is back and they're all fully fit. 

How long is Williams out for??