Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Stevenage (A)

5 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Hitchin is a fabulous little town, I lived there for a spell. Can't speak highly enough. The railway station is a good mile or more of walking from the rail station though. 

the rail station, and the railway station are more than a mile apart ?

Should be a very competitive game and a tough fixture for us. Stevenage have the game in hand over Lincoln and winning it would also put them ahead of Oxford in sixth, so absolute must win for them and perhaps a preview of the playoff draw for us?

Not sure what frame of mind our lads will be in. On the one hand there is Evatt saying we can still grab an automatic spot and on the other there's JDB saying the pressure is off, whatever he means by that. But we need a win not just for confidence and keeping hope alive, but also to put down a marker on Stevenage in case we play them again this season.

That might not happen as they've got Barnsley at home and then Oxford away in the final game of the regular season. Spicy.

On 13/03/2024 at 23:02, MickyD said:

Not on file, on his office wall, I’d imagine. 🤣

The problem was even to get it blown up to A4 it was very pixilated - A3 was simply a no go.

We use Central for papering for time to time. Worth it if you are more flexible re less popular timings, not that fussed about what you want to see etc etc

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

It’s a good job Iredale isn’t able to get into the Australia squad!

Reminds me of when all the average Irish lads couldn't play for Eire because the English managers started picking anyone British with an Irish ancestor 

3 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

It’s a good job Iredale isn’t able to get into the Australia squad!

He doesn't qualify, because he's actually Australian and not Welsh

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Think forrester is one of our best defenders personally 

I'm really surprised how little he's been utilised this season. He's a defender who can actually defend though so that probably goes against him

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

What's happened to Taylor? Still injured?

Caleb? Out for the rest of the season with torn ankle ligaments. Gone back to West Brom I think.

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I'm really surprised how little he's been utilised this season. He's a defender who can actually defend though so that probably goes against him

Have to agree on Forrester, always seems to be the one who gets his head to the ball defensively and gets the important tackles in. Personally I’d play him instead of Jones anyway against Stevenage and let Gething get back to normal after his long trip.

3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Caleb? Out for the rest of the season with torn ankle ligaments. Gone back to West Brom I think.

Shame - he showed promise as he started to get up to speed and could have been a potential signing but now we'll not see enough of him to know.

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Shame - he showed promise as he started to get up to speed and could have been a potential signing but now we'll not see enough of him to know.

I don't think we saw enough of him to judge him one way or another.