Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Reading (H)

Bertie

Created enough to get that goal difference back to level or so, stupid 2nd goal to give away and Dempsey's miss could be critical, 5 goals so it's hard to nit pick too much

Another hat trick for a Bolton player this season and could have been way more than 5, even though Reading looked dangerous especially 2nd half.

A big Pompey win would be great.

Excellent win, now we need to hope Pompey do the business tomorrow night and then on Saturday do something we've done once in 8(?) games and win away in Bristol. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Terrific result but you can’t help thinking we should have narrowed that goal difference on Derby, Demps missed two one on ones. Great 3 points just need Pompey to do the business tomorrow now.

Let’s judge todays result at the end of the season.

• Site Supporter

Happy Clappers are heading for a beer and will be kissing each other on the lips after that.

Lovely. Even if the other team had the fucking cheek to get involved a couple of times. Thoughtless cunts 🥳🤪

6 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Excellent win, now we need to hope Pompey do the business tomorrow night and then on Saturday do something we've done once in 8(?) games and win away in Bristol. 

we've won our last three at Bristol Rovers ...

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

That's how you do it. Proper hatrick. Anyone who doubted this guy for scoring goals needs to have a look in the mirror. I'll reiterate....if he's not worth 600k Ill eat rocking horse shit. 

I'll think you find the one doubting him the most publicly and vocally was the one who signed him 

• Site Supporter

Collins has been way off what we were told to expect.

He’s clearly just needed game time.

him and Charles fit for the play offs is very exciting.

16 minutes ago, Spider said:

Happy Clappers are heading for a beer and will be kissing each other on the lips after that.

Lovely. Even if the other team had the fucking cheek to get involved a couple of times. Thoughtless cunts 🥳🤪

And Bod was immense!

2 minutes ago, woolli said:

And Bod was immense!

front two were bang on it today.

Even with all the injuries, most teams would love to have our (remaining) options up front.

Well I enjoyed that (though it should have been 8 ) so Coleman was superb, santos looked well up for it from the start. Sheehan as classy as always and the front 2 were superb. Really difficult to pick a MOM. 

Edited by royal white

20 minutes or so of the first half and the first 10 of the 2nd was some of the most impressive football for a while. Quick, aggressive, inventive and cut through them at will. Maghoma central to it all. 

I know it’s impossible to play like that all the time but I think our common frustration as fans is when there’s such a drop off from that level. We’d take a middle ground more regularly every day of the week. And that middle ground would be enough in this league. 

our Achilles heel(s) still rearing their heads in such a decent performance though. A) conceding soft silly avoidable goals which were all our own doing and b) (sounds overly critical when we’ve just scored 5) letting teams off the hook by not converting more. Today really should’ve been 7 or 8 

Came on here expecting a deluge of positivity.....

Oh dear. 

Well I enjoyed it. Three points, GD improved and most importantly,  some of the best football we've played this season In patches. What else do we want, really,?

Edited by auckland_bwfc