Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Awards

gonzo

3 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Rightly so. Was she there, not seen her around for a while. 

She hasn't been to a home game all season. #shitfan

Steve Horrocks who runs Lancaster Whites won fan of the year.

Anyone remember Phyllis?

Always used to be on our train back from match as she lived Chorley way.

Never missed a match, a regular on away coaches when my Dad ran em in 70s.

6 hours ago, bwfc87 said:

Paris won young player of the year.

Understandable if it’s only based on the last few weeks. 

I’m unsure of the age bracket here but surely GT had to win it over the whole season? 

7 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

A remarkable woman.  I was chuffed to see the club acknowledge her incredible efforts.

Agree with that.  I remember her with her husband in the 80s (who died a long time back) and I've always been in awe of her stoicism and support despite failing health.  Last away game I saw her at (not that I go to many) was WBA when we won in last minute, also she was selling programmes upto a few years ago, and I saw her at Athy Colls 2 or 3 years ago.  Totally deserves recognition, up there with Dave Higson as best fans that I'm aware of in my lifetime (there will be loads I'm not aware of).

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agree with that.  I remember her with her husband in the 80s (who died a long time back) and I've always been in awe of her stoicism and support despite failing health.  Last away game I saw her at (not that I go to many) was WBA when we won in last minute, also she was selling programmes upto a few years ago, and I saw her at Athy Colls 2 or 3 years ago.  Totally deserves recognition, up there with Dave Higson as best fans that I'm aware of in my lifetime (there will be loads I'm not aware of).

I think that was the last season I saw her, Fulham away, and it was clear her health wasn't good.

I remember her being presented with an award on the pitch at Burnden in the early, mid 1980s, after she'd seen Wanderers in over 1000 consecutive games including pre season friendlies. God knows how many matches she's racked up in total. 

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Anyone remember Phyllis?

Yes - lovely person.  First remember her as a kid from the early 80s on supporters coaches (when I used to travel with my mum !) .  Always had a friendly word whenever saw her outside the ground pre-match. Part of a group who were the lifeblood of the club at the time.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, gonzo said:

Anyone remember Phyllis?

Your elephant memory is ridiculous. I was on that train for years, and the only thing I remember about those times is the "I AM SPARTACUS" incident.

2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Your elephant memory is ridiculous. I was on that train for years, and the only thing I remember about those times is the "I AM SPARTACUS" incident.

No idea where my keys are or if I've taken my citalopram this morning mind :D

12 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I think that was the last season I saw her, Fulham away, and it was clear her health wasn't good.

I remember her being presented with an award on the pitch at Burnden in the early, mid 1980s, after she'd seen Wanderers in over 1000 consecutive games including pre season friendlies. God knows how many matches she's racked up in total. 

med_gallery_7_32_288751.jpg