Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley A

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, smeghead83 said:

Does anybody know if I'll have a problem getting my daughter a child's ticket for next Tuesday when on open sale? I'm a STH but want to sit in a different seat with her for the playoff match. She's not and I only signed her up as  a member yesterday. The message sent out says members need to have an account registered from 20th April. 

The 20th April deadline is only for those buying tickets when they go on General Sale. You'll be reet.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/home-play-ticket-information-barnsley-h

Season ticket holders can also purchase seats for friends and family, providing the booker has all other individual Client Reference Numbers for the rest of the party that are already in their Network and they have permissions to manage tickets on their behalf.

Edited by Cheese

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

£20 is a fantastic price

should be looking to sell the place out 

That may or may not depend on the score in the first leg 

• Site Supporter

If we get anyway near last years crowd that would be amazing.

I think 21/22 would be very impressive and most likely. 

Regardless, those who are on will make it a great atmosphere, especially if the 1st leg goes our way 👏

12 minutes ago, desperado said:

If we get anyway near last years crowd that would be amazing.

I think 21/22 would be very impressive and most likely. 

Regardless, those who are on will make it a great atmosphere, especially if the 1st leg goes our way 👏

I agree.

Around 22K.

3 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

Same players though and what exactly does he expect to achieve with them in a week? We should have done them last year and we certainly will this time whoever they bring in.

I'm not bigging up Wellens BTW, other than he's done a good job at Orient clearly, but its absolutely the case that a decent manager will come in and make a team more organised, running harder, setting up correctly at set pieces and planning on how to stop a team like us doing what we do best. 

Warnock's made a career out of getting teams organised, not saying Wellens is anywhere near his level but they aren't getting a worse manager than the one they've got shut of put it that way.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm not bigging up Wellens BTW, other than he's done a good job at Orient clearly, but its absolutely the case that a decent manager will come in and make a team more organised, running harder, setting up correctly at set pieces and planning on how to stop a team like us doing what we do best. 

Warnock's made a career out of getting teams organised, not saying Wellens is anywhere near his level but they aren't getting a worse manager than the one they've got shut of put it that way.

But would he have enough time on the training ground to implement ideas before the first leg? Seems unlikely.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

If any team isn't working to their max in the play offs, they shouldn't be playing the game.

New manager or not, it won't make any difference

Must agree. If this is the sort of thing that tips the balance then we really deserve to lose.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, tomski said:

Must agree. If this is the sort of thing that tips the balance then we really deserve to lose.

Spot on there and  @Biggish Dave.

If those like me are banging on about Evatt being the right man and consistency, sustainability and loyalty being big factors in the game, then regardless of who their manager is, we should have a massive edge on this front.

In fact, (unlike me to put too much gravitas on one game (tie) for the manager,) these Barnsley games are a crucial point in time for Evatt.

If he doesn’t show we are better than Barnsley, then it’s fair game to question whether we have made progress this season.

Thats why @radcliffe white I’m not claiming my bet yet, as it would feel very hollow finishing ahead of Barnsley but losing in the play-offs!

Anyway it ain’t happening.

The whites will be on their way to Wembley… again  and Radcliffe will   get me a pint in the sunshine 👏

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, boltonboris said:

Agreed, but Tuesday night and on the Tele, I reckon 19-20k on

11 hours ago, Zico said:

28k tickets sold 

15k turn up 

Maybe we’ll actually get to see what 19-20k looks like.

Well done to anyone who got one. No joy here, every seat I tried to pick was gone.

Feel particularly sorry for the likes of Piemon who have done the miles and still got diddled by the fastest finger first lottery.