Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

Dunno if any of these films are watched in a cinema

Piece on Martin lewis show

Comparethematket give you 12 months 2 for 1 tickets if you buy a product through them

U.K. One day travel insurance can be had for a quid

And if, like me, your mrs has a Cineworld Unlimited card, she's counted as the paying customer and you get in free.

Just come back from The Big Short. Bankers are crooks, all that sort of thing. Still unsettles me when Rafe Spall does American accents as I can only ever relate to him from Pete vs Life or Green Street. Karen Gillan had a small role and did the American accent as well, but she gets away with it for being absolute filth.

The Big Short - Good and interesting film, indicates that we might not be a million miles away from a similar scenario. 7.5/10

Spotlight - Very good film, slow and thought provoking, Catholic's may disagree. 9/10

I don't get you

It indicates that we meaning us British? We were involved in that weren't we - our banks got lumbered with loads of the toxic debt

Or do you mean we as in there is another one coming?

• Site Supporter

I don't get you

It indicates that we meaning us British? We were involved in that weren't we - our banks got lumbered with loads of the toxic debt

Or do you mean we as in there is another one coming?

Another one coming.....

The very final part of the film says that a number of crucial indicators were flagged in 2015 and these same indicators were also flagged prior to the collapse in 2007/2008, suggesting that we are mirroring the same trends/mistakes. 

• Moderators

been on a plane so watched:

Star Wars 4, 5 & 6 back to back, all good, as you know

Legend - 8/10 - probably better than the Krays

Spectre - 7/10 - standard Bond fayre

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 6/10 - when you've seen 1 marvel film, you really have seen them all

Captain America: Winter Soldier - 6/10 - when you've seen 1 marvel film, you really have seen them all

Quality selection of films!

• Site Supporter

Thinly veiled long haul post

• Site Supporter

Watched a film the other night on telly called "My Brother The Devil". Admittedly, I was in the dying throws of man-flu, but it turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would when I first started watching it. A gritty, urban teen gang film, with loads of rayguns in it, innit. Anyway, it was better than it sounds.