Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackburn 4 Wanderers 1

DaisyHWanderer

...Wheater is getting back reet at the minute though but still, he generally looks like a penalty or red card is just around the corner...

He wasn't much different before his injury to be honest, I never bought into this 'when Wheater's back...' hope/optimism toward the end of last season, I don't think I was alone in this by a long chalk. The general apathy is compounded when we concede, which with these two is as good as a given from the off.

Knight's an easy target, but wasn't our worst defender today by a long chalk.

Quite possibly the best of four poor performances.

The only goal he could possibly be blamed for was the second, but every 50/50 challenge has a winner and a loser. He lost this one, after Baptiste had gone walkabout (again!) and ZK was often left isolated 1v1 against a Player who has been scoring for fun for the last 2 yrs.

PS Don't be fooled into thinking I rate Knight, though.

There's a ball there to be won. A 50-50 tackle. Out of the team who played today, who would you fancy to win that ball? Spearing...yes. Medo...probably. Wheater...perhaps. In this league, you need 7 or 8 of your players to be able to win that ball.

Blame has to be laid at Freedman's door. Not once in pre season did he play an eleven or a system he would play in the first few games in the league and as a consequence we look under done.

Not convinced that bringing Moritz on at 2-1 was a great idea either. Fair enough N'Gog had probably broke a nail and couldn't continue but I thought bringing Moritz on left Beckford isolated and ceded the initiative we briefly had in the game to Blackburn.

I think someone posted about this earlier. He went a bit far but it was along the lines of weve got 10,000 happy clapper fans that think we should be pushing for champions league places.

Bottom of the championship is not acceptable

Not strictly true but I think we have a significant proportion of our fans that only know the prem (and last year).

The only goal he could possibly be blamed for was the second, but every 50/50 challenge has a winner and a loser.

If Rhodes would have lost it I would accept this arguement as he is not in the team to primarily win 50-50's but a six foot plus central defender as the last man and in my book it doesn't hold true. The ball and the striker should have been cleared

When are you producing the "zat's the man" t-shirts?

If Rhodes would have lost it I would accept this arguement as he is not in the team to primarily win 50-50's but a six foot plus central defender as the last man and in my book it doesn't hold true. The ball and the striker should have been cleared

When are you producing the "zat's the man" t-shirts?

There's a clue in the phrase 50-50. Not sure how being 6 foot helps in a tackle either

Knight is and was bobbins but booing his every touch was so wanky

He's just become the epitome of all that's wrong with BWFC

Medo is vastly overrated and Baptiste had an absolute shocker. But then that's not unexpected

Do not for the life if me get the point of Tierney on the bench if he's not fully fit. You either start him or don't bother at all.

Douglas....time to earn your corn

Knight got booed because he had a huge fucking go at Baptiste after the 2nd, clearly trying to shift all the blame on to him, people realised that he was trying to pass the blame and let him know that he's a useless spineless cunt and it was just as much his fault.

To be fair Baptiste had a fucking nightmare all game at left back and should have just got rid of the ball, but that challenge that knight put in, 1 on 1 with the best finisher in the league, 2 minutes after just conceding, is the best indication of why that twat should be nowhere near the pitch, never mind be captain. It was half arsed, soft and pathetic and he paid for it.

Wheater is just as bad, he was clueless today, I can't decide whether he's still 'coming back from injury, wank because knights next to him or is just genuinely that shit but neither of them should be near the team. It might be drastic and it might be shit but ream and mills could surely be no worse.

On a separate note I heard the worst shout I've ever heard at a game today and sums up my thoughts that we are followed by a lot of thick twats. Just after the 2nd goal goes in, which fair enough was a shit shit time a guy shouts 'fuck off freedman you're ruining the club, I wish we had Coyle back'. I'd bit my tongue for the rest of the shit that he'd been coming out with but I couldn't for that. Where the fuck do we get them from?

Sooo, where do I start....

I'm so disappointed with yesterday!'

The performance

The team shape

The lack of togetherness

The players visually stitching each other up

But most of all... Booing your own!

An individual!!! When so many were poor!

Sooo, where do I start....

I'm so disappointed with yesterday!'

The performance

The team shape

The lack of togetherness

The players visually stitching each other up

But most of all... Booing your own!

An individual!!! When so many were poor!

You're involved up there, sort it fuckin out

I was also against the singling out of knight in the first half by booing his every touch. At the same time the people that say the fans are out of order booing at full time the team is akin to clapping them off at the end, bravo Bolton what a jolly good performance. We made David Dunn look like messi for the opener. It felt like every Blackburn attack would result in a goal.

Knight got booed because he had a huge fucking go at Baptiste after the 2nd, clearly trying to shift all the blame on to him, people realised that he was trying to pass the blame and let him know that he's a useless spineless cunt and it was just as much his fault.

To be fair Baptiste had a fucking nightmare all game at left back and should have just got rid of the ball, but that challenge that knight put in, 1 on 1 with the best finisher in the league, 2 minutes after just conceding, is the best indication of why that twat should be nowhere near the pitch, never mind be captain. It was half arsed, soft and pathetic and he paid for it.

Wheater is just as bad, he was clueless today, I can't decide whether he's still 'coming back from injury, wank because knights next to him or is just genuinely that shit but neither of them should be near the team. It might be drastic and it might be shit but ream and mills could surely be no worse.

On a separate note I heard the worst shout I've ever heard at a game today and sums up my thoughts that we are followed by a lot of thick twats. Just after the 2nd goal goes in, which fair enough was a shit shit time a guy shouts 'fuck off freedman you're ruining the club, I wish we had Coyle back'. I'd bit my tongue for the rest of the shit that he'd been coming out with but I couldn't for that. Where the fuck do we get them from?

:good:

• Site Supporter

I was and still am fuming at that performance. We were made to look poor by a very average championship team. The whole defence were totally clueless but no suprise to see the chicken molesterers attacking down our right all game. Medo or Spearing should have had the gumption to help out down there

I was also against the singling out of knight in the first half by booing his every touch. At the same time the people that say the fans are out of order booing at full time the team is akin to clapping them off at the end, bravo Bolton what a jolly good performance. We made David Dunn look like messi for the opener. It felt like every Blackburn attack would result in a goal.

I dont agree with booing your own players during a match, but why the fuck some people were clapping them at the end of the game just baffles me.

I agree with the earlier poster about this being the worst defence ever seen,( and Im 55) taking into account the division we are in