Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Brighton 3 Wanderers 1

radcliffe white

Freedman has little to no control of what the players do on the field after they cross that white line.

3 goals in 5 minutes suggest we were shell-shocked.

Anyone calling for Gartside's head needs a serious reality check.

Anyone thinking Sam would come back (and who wants him back) clearly has severe mental issues. You never go back, it doesn't work.

I'm as pissed off as anyone else (I get out of bed 2-3 hours earlier than I'd like every weekend to listen to this shit) but some peoples' reactions on here are utterly laughable.

I know Gartside is going nowhere but I don't see why questioning his record means a reality check. He has been a disaster ever since big Sam made his reputation. Isn't he supposed to steer the ship? If nothing is down to him how do you justify his salary?

I know Gartside is going nowhere but I don't see why questioning his record means a reality check. He has been a disaster ever since big Sam made his reputation. Isn't he supposed to steer the ship? If nothing is down to him how do you justify his salary?

Maybe... just maybe... Sam was the odd appointment out for a club of our size?

Sammy Lee - easy choice following Sam, but tried to change too much too quickly. Gartside removed him ASAP.

Megson - utter cunt, but he kept us up and was removed as soon as he needed to be. Reasonable choice by Gartside.

Coyle - fan's choice, did really well but was found out. Probably stayed a touch too long. Gartside's error here - listening to the fans.

Freedman - amazing turn-around last season, everyone happy with the appointment. Results go bad, everyone's saying he shouldn't have been appointed.

Now then. Can you honestly say that AT THE TIME any of those were bad appointments by Gartside? The only one that the fans complained about (bitterly) was Megson. Fans welcomed Coyle with open arms, and most fans were (and still are) fairly content with the appointment of Dougie. Only with hindsight and after poor runs do the fans turn on them.

My thoughts. Bolton fans are fickle, and don't know how to support when the going gets tough. We had a taste of Europe, and suddenly it's our RIGHT to be up there in the Premier League? It's quite pathetic honestly.

still be there cheering them on next, don't if anyone will be tho

• Site Supporter

Sammy Lee - easy choice following Sam, but tried to change too much too quickly. Gartside removed him ASAP.

Megson - utter cunt, but he kept us up and was removed as soon as he needed to be. Reasonable choice by Gartside.

Coyle - fan's choice, did really well but was found out. Probably stayed a touch too long. Gartside's error here - listening to the fans.

Freedman - amazing turn-around last season, everyone happy with the appointment. Results go bad, everyone's saying he shouldn't have been appointed.

Now then. Can you honestly say that AT THE TIME any of those were bad appointments by Gartside? The only one that the fans complained about (bitterly) was Megson. Fans welcomed Coyle with open arms, and most fans were (and still are) fairly content with the appointment of Dougie. Only with hindsight and after poor runs do the fans turn on them.

My thoughts. Bolton fans are fickle, and don't know how to support when the going gets tough. We had a taste of Europe, and suddenly it's our RIGHT to be up there in the Premier League? It's quite pathetic honestly.

perfectly put Snoop.

perfectly put Sno

I can honestly say I thought Sammy Lee was a poor appointment the minute it was made. But I understand the point you are making.

• Site Supporter

Serious question and I'm not pointing the finger but has Bogdan ever kept a clean sheet away from home in the league?

Bogdan isn't commanding enough,

anyone can stop shots but if you don't command your defence, then there are issues..

Id be tempted to get a seasoned vet in net, and explain to Bogdan that it is to improve the defence .

I can honestly say I thought Sammy Lee was a poor appointment the minute it was made. But I understand the point you are making.

Most people say that, but like I said he was the easy choice as he COULD have continued where Sam left off with the same players. He chose to go another way and replace half the team with VERY weak players. Gartside correctly removed him after only a handful of games.

Serious question and I'm not pointing the finger but has Bogdan ever kept a clean sheet away from home in the league?

People have repeatedly said that Bogdan is the least of our problems........I think he's not far off being our biggest problem, he has little or no command of his area and his positioning isn't great either. He needs to be dropped for his own good and the teams good.

Like many who has been following the club for many years I understand the point you are making. But its just complete bad management that we have deteriorated like this. Money doesn't come into it as clubs like Blackpool and Burnley show; unfortunately DF has not sorted out the real issues with this squad and making Knight captain was a real piss take

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

and you can see all the togherness from across the atlantic can you?

Probably clearer than you'd think.

I was in the UK until around the Stoke semi-final, so most of what I posted there is witnessed at first-hand.

Being away from it all, I can read what people put on the internet without my own personal emotions being involved. I can categorically say that people overreact after a loss. I can hear the boos at halftime when we're losing over the commentary. I can read all the utter shite that is posted on here and on 'Friends of Manny rd' on facebook (which, by the way, is a collection of the most embarrassing posts I've ever seen on any topic anywhere on the internet).

If it wasn't for these posts being the only way of me keeping up with the happenings at the Reebok, I'd abandon them. It's so depressing to read utter drivel posted week-in week-out.

Like many who has been following the club for many years I understand the point you are making. But its just complete bad management that we have deteriorated like this. Money doesn't come into it as clubs like Blackpool and Burnley show; unfortunately DF has not sorted out the real issues with this squad and making Knight captain was a real piss take

Getting a bigger feeling by the week that the Knight captaincy issue is going to become Dougie's Lisbon.

making Knight captain was a real piss take

Was it though? Really?

- One of the longest serving players at the club.

- Probably (don't have the stats to hand) the most Premier League experience at the club.

- Plays in a position where he can captain the side most effectively (forwards should NEVER be captain, midfield or defence all the way).

- Previous experience of captaining the club.

And I think we've seen today that he cannot be held accountable for all the goals we concede. That happens (apparently more so) with him out of the side too (5 goals in 2 games).

Was it though? Really?

- One of the longest serving players at the club.

- Probably (don't have the stats to hand) the most Premier League experience at the club.

- Plays in a position where he can captain the side most effectively (forwards should NEVER be captain, midfield or defence all the way).

- Previous experience of captaining the club.

And I think we've seen today that he cannot be held accountable for all the goals we concede. That happens (apparently more so) with him out of the side too (5 goals in 2 games).

But he's a fucking squelch who shirks and blames others which aren't necessarily qualities I would associate with skipper either.

I stick with my team through thick and thin, so do a lot I know. Yes we have fickle fans but blaming them for the current situation is bollocks. If we had 25,000 fans cheering the team on it wouldn't make much difference to this lot. The fans are not to blame. I also think its a bit rich for someone the other side of the world to lecture the fans that are still turning up to watch this disorganised embarrassing rabble we have representing us at the moment.

And to answer your question honestly and without hindsight, YES AT THE TIME I thought Sammy Lee & Gary Megson were terrible choices. Coyle fooled us all and I thought Freedman would be ok (still clinging to that).

This team though is not as good as you think it is. Bogdan, Knight, Mears, Wheater, Mills, Andrews, Sordell, N'gog, Beckford, Pratley are all over rated and worse, many of them are over paid and do not have the right mental toughness to get us and running. You might not be able to see this from the Dominican Republic but those that have been home and away this season are beginning to realise just how much shit we are in. I am still praying Dougie is the man to sort us out.