Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Released List

freds dad

again just guesses but Mears 15k and Knight 20k?

Dervite in on 8k ish

plenty saved

could be way out like

and aye, Tierney way way way ahead of Ream

could

Course we've saved with them going but we need to cut our cloth accordingly and just unsure if we can afford many bodies

Guest JamesBond

Course we've saved with them going but we need to cut our cloth accordingly and just unsure if we can afford many bodies

Read somewhere Mears was on £25k a week. Knight of course was re - signed for £19,000 a week. Mears was on his wages from the premiership, whilst Zat's premiership contract had run out when we got relegated.

8m this and next year

So losing them 2 knobheads has saved us just under £2.3 million for the year. We still have to cut off another £5.7 million from somewhere. Might not all have to come from wages though I suppose.

I reckon there could be some serious moaning on here over the summer!

Edited by tylswhite

So losing them 2 knobheads has saved us just under £2.3 million for the year. We still have to cut off another £5.7 million from somewhere. Might not all have to come from wages though I suppose.

I reckon there could be some serious moaning on here over the summer!

Thing is though, there's only 1 or 2 players in out whole squad at the moment that I'd even consider having a bit of a moan about, the majority I couldn't give a shit.

Plus just because the wages reduce I doesn't directly mean that we will have a worse team next year. Looking at this lad from Charlton coming in for c£10-15k a week less than knight and I reckon most people will be happy with the change and see it as an improvement.

The only person I'd be disappointed in not signing is Juke. Other than that I'm not really bothered, anyone coming in can't really be much worse than some of the shithouses we've had for the past few years.

Oh and I'm dying for Mears to get a club in the championship so he will play against us next season and we can let him know just how much of a cunt he is.

Read somewhere Mears was on £25k a week. Knight of course was re - signed for £19,000 a week. Mears was on his wages from the premiership, whilst Zat's premiership contract had run out when we got relegated.

It's un fathomable we paid that much to Mears in wages and re-signing Knight on 19k is just as bad, like Whelan said someone is taking the piss out of Eddie Davies. who do we blame Owen Coyle or PG or both?

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

aye, and I suspect that'll be the call from above

because we've saved 27k doesn't mean we have any of that to spend

wouldn't surprise me if they said something like

with knight and mears going, we save 35k, you can have 8k to bring in 1 more and promote 1 from the youth team

that's £1,4M saved

as DF is thrifty and good with youth, you can see why we stuck with him, next season is likely to be one of austerity

aye, and I suspect that'll be the call from above

because we've saved 27k doesn't mean we have any of that to spend

wouldn't surprise me if they said something like

with knight and mears going, we save 35k, you can have 8k to bring in 1 more and promote 1 from the youth team

that's £1,4M saved

as DF is thrifty and good with youth, you can see why we stuck with him, next season is likely to be one of austerity

Dougie seemed more than happy with his budget in a recent interview.

Said he has a decent amount to bring some in.