Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

Good to see they'll be a fresh team to the Prem in Luton or Coventry (rather than yo-yo clubs like Norwich and West Brom), I know Coventry have been it before years ago, I used to hate seeing Huckerby's name on team sheet.

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

Got to be Luton  

Never been in the PL

That ground would possibly be the "worst" to grace the PL as well 

Proper ramshackle cobbled together effort 

Love it

Haha yeah. Would be ridiculous to see that ground in the Prem but for obvious reasons I have a soft spot for Cov for their 3rd kit from a few seasons ago. Having the guts to take a nod with their kit to local heritage . @bolty58 😀

IMG_9437.thumb.jpeg.2e3106b7333765783d19d1ea42893f6f.jpegIMG_9436.jpeg.8f8c837244b07cd1622d0b35e8a951e0.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Didledee said:

Good to see they'll be a fresh team to the Prem in Luton or Coventry (rather than yo-yo clubs like Norwich and West Brom), I know Coventry have been it before years ago, I used to hate seeing Huckerby's name on team sheet.

Critical to remember that soccer started in 1992!

• Members
5 hours ago, BeeversLeftPeg said:

City have been sensational. 

Gonzo said a couple of weeks ago that whoever won this tie would go through the winner of the other semi winner like a flock of seagulls. Being a fan of Italian football, I think I responded that if City got through they would win it but not easily. Stubborn Italian defences are legendary right back to the days of catenaccio.

After watching that I have to say that I believe Gonzo is correct. The way they played last night even Marvels Avengers couldn't stop City.

That said, Inter may well make it more difficult than Madrid did but it would take a repeat of the 1982 final for them to win it.

• Members
5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

That is the oil money making it so one sided.I think Uefa might do something about is soon although they let oil buy Chelsea  2 CLs

Hearing a DMB bleating on about money (from whatever source) is laughable. Their club has always been about the money, certainly not the football. The bent butcher; the becoming a 'brand name' and dropping 'Football Club' from their title; the clear and present greed of the Glazers. There are many, many examples.

I remember the City fans waving pound notes at United fans when the arabs took over. Have it you hypocritical bastards.

Edited by bolty58

• Members
3 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Haha yeah. Would be ridiculous to see that ground in the Prem but for obvious reasons I have a soft spot for Cov for their 3rd kit from a few seasons ago. Having the guts to take a nod with their kit to local heritage . @bolty58 😀

IMG_9437.thumb.jpeg.2e3106b7333765783d19d1ea42893f6f.jpegIMG_9436.jpeg.8f8c837244b07cd1622d0b35e8a951e0.jpeg

I have a very good mate (nicknamed 'Cov'!) from the scooter scene down here (he bought Steve Cradocks Lambretta off him and had it shipped to Perth) who has now relocated to Houston (oil business).

He will be absolutely bladdered today. Obviously a huge 2 Tone fan so will definitely be wandering around in one of these at some stage. He will already be booking for Wembley.

Don't mind Coventry but it took me a long while to get over the turd kit.

Breath-taking football.

That was unreal last night, best performance I’ve ever seen in Europe.

Witnessing something very special, if you don’t enjoy watching that then you don’t like football...or are just very bitter.

Still trying to decide if it was City's brilliance or Real's shite performance that was more surprising.

Probably a combo of both but it did register that I can't recall Modric making so many poor passes or a "top team" putting in such a low work rate (the young French lad apart) Vincius practically gave up after the first foot race he lost to Walker. Real looked beaten early doors but TBF City took full advantage.

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Vincius practically gave up after the first foot race he lost to Walker.

Was just about to post something very similar. Walker gave Vinicius a 5 yard head start and then practically strolled past him to get the ball. For me that was the moment Real knew they were beaten.

The City football last might was breathtaking but the scary thing is that I actually thought De Bruyne and Haaland were actually quite poor by their standards. City could and probably should have won by quite a few more.