Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At least we’ve some players involved I’ll keep one eye on our players international games and we’ve 2 decent England Friendlies. I need a break after our current form I’m in a BWFC malaise. 

Aye thought that this morning. Glad of the break, it's all too consuming. 

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Bellingham, Rice & Foden, all in the form of their life at the minute, looking forward to seeing them take it to Brazil 

I honestly didn’t know we were playing Brazil! 

As @gonzo said, just been utterly consumed (probably unhealthily!) with BWFC.

I’ll nervously tune into Northampton/Derby then enjoy the Eng v Brazil game in the evening. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, L/H White said:

Bellingham, Rice & Foden, all in the form of their life at the minute, looking forward to seeing them take it to Brazil 

look forward to seeing Foden come on for the last 10 minutes for Henderson

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Ashworth played central midfield for Wales U21  - surprise that plus he got a yellow card

Played there on loan at Burton last season and did well by all accounts. 

Fwiw, I think there's a decent player in there with him

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Let’s just hope Derby fail to win today.

It will give us just a glimmer of hope.

If they win, that’s it for me. 

Derby have a few games where they could easily drop points after today.

However, if they are above us with 2 to play, they are up as they've got 6 points guaranteed - Cambridge & Carlisle

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Derby have a few games where they could easily drop points after today.

However, if they are above us with 2 to play, they are up as they've got 6 points guaranteed - Cambridge & Carlisle

Live in hope but I can’t see them dropping five more than we will. Peterborough run in is easy as well. Looking at games left I can see us finishing 5th and playing Barnsley Away again second leg.

you never know but we need to turn up next Friday and hope Blackpool do us a favour and win at Derby 

32 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

I think derby being 7 points ahead of us would be a big psychological boost for them so I'm hoping Northampton can do us a favour. 

Agreed, its frustrating that we have no game while they play, I'd much rather we played today even without Toal and Sheehan (have I missed any?).  We aren't playing Pompey, its Shrewsbury at home.  I feel like the club were angling for a break with or without international call ups, fair enough I get its been intense and IE etc are entitled to feel like they want to recharge their batteries. 

But purely from a league table point of view, going 7 points adrift today could have been avoided, and who knows us being 2 up at H-T with Derby at 0-0 could have put more pressure on them.

53 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed, its frustrating that we have no game while they play, I'd much rather we played today even without Toal and Sheehan (have I missed any?).  We aren't playing Pompey, its Shrewsbury at home.  I feel like the club were angling for a break with or without international call ups, fair enough I get its been intense and IE etc are entitled to feel like they want to recharge their batteries. 

But purely from a league table point of view, going 7 points adrift today could have been avoided, and who knows us being 2 up at H-T with Derby at 0-0 could have put more pressure on them.

Toal, Sheehan, Asthworth, Dion and Jones.

Big clump of players that tbf.

Edited by gonzo