Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clarke Carlise

superjohnmcginlay

It's a very fucking dark day, when you actually think suicide is a way out of life's problems.

I was severely depressed in 1999 and had a nervous breakdown (apparently) and contemplated it myself on more than one occasion.

I drove to London to watch us play Fulham on a Tuesday night and didn't go home afterwards, ended up at the Portsmouth v Bolton game five days later, drove to the docks after the game, slept in the car and got the 6.00am ferry to France.

Came home a couple of weeks later.

hope you took the standard loaf back home to the Mrs

• Site Supporter

My first jury service was a coroner's court. An indian solicitor had been caught with his hands in the Legal Aid tin to the tune of £30 odd thousand. He stopped on th M61 on the way home to change a tyre that never needed changing and 'fell' under an articulated wagon. 

Thats a pretty much identical story to a bloke I worked with, only it was HMRC rather than LA.

Talking of suicide, I saw a poor sod contemplating jumping off the Mancunian way this morning. It really knocked me for six seeing him stood on the edge. Luckily they talked him down after about 2 hours.

a mate of mine hung himself earlier this year after losing his licence. He was a paramedic and couldn't cope with the personal humiliation of not being able to do what he lived for. Sadly for those left behind we had no idea he wasn't coping yet he didn't reach out for help.

• 1 month later...

If true he should be on a charge of some sort,about 10 years back I worked with someone who was in the position of the lorry driver and he killed a guy,the man now is ruined by it lost everything as he's fucked up.

Best left alone this

Disgree with what Big E says, it's got to be said, what a selfish act, not only putting his family through the grief, but what must the driver be going through? if you wanna top yourself, do it personally, don't have anothers person on their conciense.

To get to a point where you feel taking your life is the only option I don't think you are too concerned about what's going on in the world you just want it to end.

To simply see this as a selfish act is an absolutely ridiculous mentality

Disgree with what Big E says, it's got to be said, what a selfish act, not only putting his family through the grief, but what must the driver be going through? if you wanna top yourself, do it personally, don't have anothers person on their conciense.

If you think that then you have absolutely no understanding of depression.

If you think that then you have absolutely no understanding of depression.

That's the problem.

Not many do.

Can you honestly imagine the thoughts going through your mind as your about to chuck yourself under an oncoming lorry?

The man wants to end his life pretty damn sharpish FFS.

Selfish my hairy bollocks,the man and other like him are in need.

Poor fucker.