Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Change Of Owner?

onlyoneawalker

The ED Academy across the road is alright but not really state of the art. Porta cabins for the gym and changing rooms.

If selling euxton helps us survive its a no brainer though.

Drove past the Hull city training ground basically an old brick changing room on a housing estate with rails round utter shite it is. There's plenty space on Lostock to develop. Although sad to see selling Euxton to Wigan especially as i live in Euxton.

More I would hate to see them profit out of our decline. Hopefully planning permission will come to build something at the Academy, like it was all green fields when Hawker Sidley were there.

Hawker Sidley, shoring your age. At least you didn't call it DeHavilland :)

More I would hate to see them profit out of our decline. Hopefully planning permission will come to build something at the Academy, like it was all green fields when Hawker Sidley were there.

I'm sure I remember a women's cross-country meeting being held thereabouts in the 70s/80s.

If he has him on board as an advisor now and chairman in the future then I would be more assured he has good intentions rather than expecting a muppet like Leeds and Cardiff copped for. Although I would take either right now. Adds a bit of credibility to it if Kenyon is part of it, certainly more than Deano or Disley and the fact they are not Billionaires

• Site Supporter

Iles fence sitting again in BN, fuck me that guy is one lazy journalist.

Part of a journalist's job is to remain impartial. Or at least it used to be. I think Iles is doing a decent job given the circumstances.

I imagine it would be hard for Iles to commit to a particular party seeing as though thats not his job, we can all speculate whether he has allegiances to one or another but I dont think thats the case to be fair nor does it even matter in the great scheme of things. I think he should be behind the ST given its local people who love the club trying to save it, a great story. I would rather it was a billionaire who will buy Messi for us but it seems unlikely. 

I can understand people having reservations about the ST but most I have read seem unsubstantiated so far.  This is from the outside looking in as I dont know anyone involved with the ST so stand to be corrected but as fans go they have stood up, taken time out of their own lives to crack on and do something whilst our club sinks so general feeling until a reason comes up to doubt them is to support them.