Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Farnywhite said:

Just started watching it must be most brutal British tv series made . Irish , Albanians , Turks , Pakistanis . Gypsies , Africans What happened to the good old English gangsters like the krays / Richardsons running London 😂

Not seen it, but sounds like it may be realistic.

Could be Bolton to be honest, I could chuck a few more nationalities in there, all Eastern Europe.

Africans? You'd have to narrow it down to nationalities a bit more.

A lot of Somalians in Bolton for example, ones I know are sound by the the way

Can't spend too long on this thread as I'm behind on Homeland so apologies if this has already been flagged up by others but the Netflix documentary The Last Dance about Michael Jordan is cracking watch. Didn't expect to enjoy it at all and certainly didn't expect my wife to get hooked on it. Still won't be able to bring myself to watch a whole match of basketball any time soon but fuck me he was a great athlete.

Wasn't over-enamoured with Brassic first time around to be honest, aside from looking at Ms Keegan and pointing out the massive continuity errors of locations.

Lots of it has been filmed round near where I live and it caused loads of hassle for the locals trying to go about their business. And don't even think about the mess they left behind. Looked like gypos had been.

17 hours ago, Steejay said:

Series 1 was so original and great fun.

Episode 4 is on iPlayer but it’s a drag.

The actors must know it too.

I’ll keep watching just because of the first series but I doubt there’ll be a fourth.

Already been greenlit for a fourth season.

I've said it before but changing the showrunner every season doesn't help.

However so far I've preferred this season to Season 2 which I thought was dire. The quirky Villanelle scenes are running very thin though, the scenes with everyone else are so much better.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, jmjhb said:

Already been greenlit for a fourth season.

I've said it before but changing the showrunner every season doesn't help.

However so far I've preferred this season to Season 2 which I thought was dire. The quirky Villanelle scenes are running very thin though, the scenes with everyone else are so much better.

Forgive my ignorance, what’s a show runner?

19 hours ago, Alf Hartigan said:

Not seen it, but sounds like it may be realistic.

Could be Bolton to be honest, I could chuck a few more nationalities in there, all Eastern Europe.

Africans? You'd have to narrow it down to nationalities a bit more.

A lot of Somalians in Bolton for example, ones I know are sound by the the way

Into episode 4 so doesn’t say but there is a scene with some Albanians going to Nigeria and a guy gets incased in concrete . The Turks are actually Kurds raising money to buy weapons to send back .

in reality the Somalians gangs seem to have a bit of a reputation in London 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-gangs-including-the-mali-boys-are-becoming-more-organised-ruthless-and-driven-by-drugs-a3856186.html%3famp

22 hours ago, Steejay said:

Killing Eve...

Dying off...

main characters women  directed by women written by women. men being skewered left right and centre. on bbc  will run and run

1st season good. 2nd not so much. 3rd utter tosh. 

Series 2 of Dead To Me is out on Friday if you want to binge watch the first one on Netflix, was a decent enough watch and I really fancied the bird who wasn't Al Bundy's daughter.

Take it as read that I did also fancy the bird who was Al Bundy's daughter though.

• Moderators

I'll watch series 3 soon with low expectations

Must agree with JJO on Sandra Oh

The most unbelievable thing is that Sandra Oh could be seen as attractive

It was the same in Grays Anatomy

Just don't get it

• Site Supporter

The trick to any “baddie” is that less is usually more.

In the first series, you saw and heard much less of Villanelle. Now, they’re developing her character and all it does is lessen the shock factor.

Jaws. Jaws is your example.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

The trick to any “baddie” is that less is usually more.

In the first series, you saw and heard much less of Villanelle. Now, they’re developing her character and all it does is lessen the shock factor.

Jaws. Jaws is your example.

Alien has about 4 minutes of screen time

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Alien has about 4 minutes of screen time

Precisely

4 minutes of her playing Battlenips Naked in front of a full length mirror would be just right.

The final of race across the world left a sour taste with me.

them two lads, cheating b**********, sold their iPods or summat to raise cash for their taxi. That wasn’t in the rules, it wasn’t part of their budget. 

They didn’t say oh they’ve got 5% of their budget left plus two iPods did they?

thay should of been stripped of the title. That’s prob why they gave it all away.

that lad from Yorkshire must be kicking himself. He could of pimped out his sister every night and stayed in the best hotels.

2 hours ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

The final of race across the world left a sour taste with me.

them two lads, cheating b**********, sold their iPods or summat to raise cash for their taxi. That wasn’t in the rules, it wasn’t part of their budget. 

They didn’t say oh they’ve got 5% of their budget left plus two iPods did they?

thay should of been stripped of the title. That’s prob why they gave it all away.

that lad from Yorkshire must be kicking himself. He could of pimped out his sister every night and stayed in the best hotels.

i didn't want that couple to win it, what a horrible bitch she was so wrapped up in her own arse. I agree with the winners aswell, seems like they cheated to win it,although they did donate half of there winnings to charity  

How did they cheat? They bartered, that's all. 

One pair tried to get strangers to buy them a bus ticket. Some of them accepted free meals without working for them.

Lads won fair & square, but fair to the brother and sister for getting so close after losing 2 days.