Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tv Shows

L/H White

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

30 years this week since first episode of X-Files aired apparently which makes me feel old. Was my absolute favourite series for so many years, really shaped some of my interests growing up.

Revisited some of it last week or two and it's not aged well. Very tame compared with some of today's series but one or two of the episodes still quite effective.

I was utterly obsessed with it. Still got all the magazines and trading cards and VHS's in the attic. I pretty much memorised the entire Series 1 script. Could've told you every single tiny detail of every single episode at the time. Mad.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I was utterly obsessed with it. Still got all the magazines and trading cards and VHS's in the attic. I pretty much memorised the entire Series 1 script. Could've told you every single tiny detail of every single episode at the time. Mad.

Have you ever kissed a girl? 

37 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It was the first series that really sucked me in, the end of series cliffhangers leaving you all summer or whatever to wait and see what happened were excruciating. As if either of the main characters were really going to be killed off when they'd signed up for another series, but no, the amount of times I was genuinely fearing for weeks that Mulder was dead 😂

How mad it seems now that they used to release individual episodes on VHS. No special features or owt, just an episode on video and people used to buy them. Must have watched the Tunguska video about 1000 times thinking it was genuinely filmed in Siberia!

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

It was the first series that really sucked me in, the end of series cliffhangers leaving you all summer or whatever to wait and see what happened were excruciating. As if either of the main characters were really going to be killed off when they'd signed up for another series, but no, the amount of times I was genuinely fearing for weeks that Mulder was dead 😂

How mad it seems now that they used to release individual episodes on VHS. No special features or owt, just an episode on video and people used to buy them. Must have watched the Tunguska video about 1000 times thinking it was genuinely filmed in Siberia!

😁 Fantastic memories. It was absolutely ground-breaking at the time. Like the 90's version of Twilight Zone, but better. Haven't watched it back recently, but I'm sure I'd still enjoy them, even if it's just for the nostalgia.

And Gillian Anderson.....

5Ojx.gif

Edited by Cheese

• Members

Mentioned it before but there's an Aussie drama called Last king Of The Cross which is worth a look.

My workmates took me for a night out to Kings Cross within a month of arriving in Oz. It was within a year of that depicted in the series.

Fucking hell - talk about anything goes! The girl attending to us was a Chelsea fan from Maida Vale in London. Interesting interlude with my then boss and a bottle opener but I'll save that one for another time.

The series is a bit exaggerated but very reminiscent of how the Cross was in the late eighties.

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Missus and I have binge watched a drama called Six Four today. Not much else to do on a rainy Good Friday with fuck all open.

Well worth a watch.

Sounds grim. Perth not the tv show. Lovely day Up Top and as Good Fridays go, it’s been pretty good. Walk around Rivi/Anglezarke (avoiding the crowds until we got to Rivington Brewery) and a great result👍 Back to the subject, not really bothered what I watch on TV tonight.😊

16 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Sounds grim. Perth not the tv show. Lovely day Up Top and as Good Fridays go, it’s been pretty good. Walk around Rivi/Anglezarke (avoiding the crowds until we got to Rivington Brewery) and a great result👍 Back to the subject, not really bothered what I watch on TV tonight.😊

Tough sheet, Perth, been lovely here.

13 hours ago, BobyBrno said:

Had a few in Horwich  Tea Time ish 

ive Never seen Horwich that Busy