Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fa Cup Draw Tonight- Who Do You Want?

Lostock Whites

Unbelievable how we're getting disregarded for the replay, we were the better team in my opinion.

We'll do these fuckers in the relay

edit...that's the 4x400m by the way

Bang on.

We've been disregarded by bet victor and yon fella from the MEN tonight. MOTD and today's paper reports had palace as the better team.

Honestly have no idea how they can think that.

The only way to make people take you seriously is by taking a few scalps.

Until then we will be considered fodder for premier league teams.

If we did get a crack at City we would probably be the biggest underdog I have ever known in my forty odd years supporting BWFC.

I cannot think of another game where we have been bigger outsiders - league or cup, perhaps Bayern Munich away.

If we did get a crack at City we would probably be the biggest underdog I have ever known in my forty odd years supporting BWFC.

I cannot think of another game where we have been bigger outsiders - league or cup, perhaps Bayern Munich away.

In the 1887-88 first round PNE beat Hyde 26-0.

BWFC lost in a second replay to Everton, who then lost 6-0 to PNE.

Everton were disqualified for fielding ineligible players and BWFC reinstated to visit PNE, losing 9-1.

I think we were big outsiders on that occasion.

• Moderators

The only way to make people take you seriously is by taking a few scalps.

Until then we will be considered fodder for premier league teams.

If we did get a crack at City we would probably be the biggest underdog I have ever known in my forty odd years supporting BWFC.

Wouldnt say bayern

One of the biggest we've ever played but we were PL and both in the UEFA cup on merit

Probably biggest divide since Liverpool in 93, on the one hand city are the richest club on the world and the difference could not be bigger, on the other hand we were beating them in the PL not too long ago and in 93 we'd only ever been a lower league club in my lifetime

I was more excited in 93

Wouldnt say bayern

One of the biggest we've ever played but we were PL and both in the UEFA cup on merit

Probably biggest divide since Liverpool in 93, on the one hand city are the richest club on the world and the difference could not be bigger, on the other hand we were beating them in the PL not too long ago and in 93 we'd only ever been a lower league club in my lifetime

I was more excited in 93

We've played them twice when they were in 1 and us in 2, and twice when we were in 1 and them in 2.

1904 final was Div 1 City v Div 2 Wanderers, coincidentally at Crystal Palace (not Selhurst!).

We've played them twice when they were in 1 and us in 2, and twice when we were in 1 and them in 2.

1904 final was Div 1 City v Div 2 Wanderers, coincidentally at Crystal Palace (not Selhurst!).

I honestly thought that our first final was 1923

Just had a google to look at 1904 final and was amazed to find we were also finalists in 1894 as well (according to Wiki anyway)

• Site Supporter

Wouldnt say bayern

I was more excited in 93

Yep- though we were all a lot younger then!