Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
51 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Biden confusing the all blacks with the black and tans.

Freudian slip? Or 80 year old codger that probably shouldn't be publicly speaking?

Absolutely pwning the unionists.

Theyll be burning effigies of him at scotch football games soon

18 minutes ago, Carlos said:

He's not even Irish.

Silly old cunt shouldn't be meddling or making gaffes about an area he has no idea about imo.

Like bowling over to the gaza strip and trying to have a laugh.

Unless you're gonna do anything positive like Clinton or Bush, keep the fuck out of it.

• Site Supporter

None of this would be a problem if we just sold Ulster to the Irish.

The scotch football lot would hate each other just the same, and if anything they’d have a new reason to get all upset instead of parping on about a scrap from 300 years ago.

The daft Cunts.

• Members
On 12/04/2023 at 14:55, kent_white said:

I'm actually with you on this, to an extent. Saddam Hussein's main enemy in Iraq were Islamists. Vile as he was - he kept them under control and that control was lost when he was toppled. 

I was in favour of the war at the outset. And changed my opinion over time. 

So I wouldn't say Blair (and Bush) were directly responsible for ISIS etc. But I do agree that the power vacuum after Saddam Hussein made it easier for them. And the invasion/s also served as great propaganda for a recruitment drive amongst young people who were angry about the invasion and possibly had friends and relatives killed or injured. 

With the benefit of hindsight I think people might have made different decisions. Although I think I'm right in saying that Tony Blair has said he would still have thought toppling Saddam was the right thing to do, even if he hadn't thought Iraq had WMDs? 

Complicated one this.

As always, a voice of reason, Yes, complicated but you display what I would consider to be a fundamental understanding of what went on and of the resulting mayhem.

Fair to say that most right thinking types would have been for the invasion in the first instance when presented with what turned out to be a barrage of false evidence. I would have thought most right minded types would retrospectively have been against it.

Should have left Saddam alone, Gaddafi alone and the bloke in Syria alone. Let them control their dangerous undesirables as they see fit. For the sake (and safety) of all.

• Members
12 hours ago, gonzo said:

Silly old cunt shouldn't be meddling or making gaffes about an area he has no idea about imo.

Like bowling over to the gaza strip and trying to have a laugh.

Unless you're gonna do anything positive like Clinton or Bush, keep the fuck out of it.

Spot on. He is an embarrassment. Did I hear right that he was in Belfast for 18 hours and spent 15 of them in his bedroom - mostly sleeping? Living up to his nickname like Duck Egg.

• Site Supporter

Overall he wasn't doing as badly as some perhaps expected. Black and Tans excepted. :)

Bit daft telling the uk to work more with ireland though. One step forward, then one back.

Not sure it helps though when folk are analysing every word and move to the 'nth' degree. Perhaps it becomes easy to fall one way or another.