Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Things your kids won't experience

Smiley

Watching your dad change/clean the spark plugs on the car

Bombing down the hill on a go-kart made from your mum's washing line and the wheels from the pram when you were a nipper

Waiting in for the coal lorry to appear

Orange juice in a pint milk bottle

Those fucking horrible massive triangular Calypso iced lolly things

Marathons and Opal Fruits 

A programme at the match worth reading

Fanzines

• Moderators
1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

Having to go and find your mates when you went out.

Aye

You arranged to meet in the pub at whatever time and there wasn't too much you could do about it if you were late

And if they'd moved on by the time you got there you then had to go and look in every pub till you found them

If you then bumped into some one else you knew along the way and had a pint so be it

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

We have a winner

Nice thought but us old cunts have daughters that we forced into the Lever End seats on Boxing Day and other weekends when it was preferable to be away from the in-laws

I do have reference in my decree nisi from Mrs Manc the first about my love for attending BWFC games. Her loathing of me increased exponentially with the £50 kids season tickets and the fact that "weekend Dad" was always at the football with them

• Members

Tuck shops. Sarsparilla. Snuff. Lads smookin' dried banana skin insides scrapings and/or tea leaves cos they couldn't afford gaspers. Penny trays. Sherbert UFO's. Little Imps. Them licorice flavoured twig things which kids used to chew and suck for hours. Butter beans at the chippy. Dolly blues. Acdo. Copper boilers. Starch. Manfredi's. Sabini's. Tognarelli's.

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Tuck shops. Sarsparilla. Snuff. Lads smookin' dried banana skin insides scrapings and/or tea leaves cos they couldn't afford gaspers. Penny trays. Sherbert UFO's. Little Imps. Them licorice flavoured twig things which kids used to chew and suck for hours. Butter beans at the chippy. Dolly blues. Acdo. Copper boilers. Starch. Manfredi's. Sabini's. Tognarelli's.

ACDO is still busily producing detergents just off Seymore Road in Astley Bridge.

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, L/H White said:

jumble sales

knock a door run

setting the fire hydrants off, (did that once on our old estate, no one had water a few hours later, great fun like)

You didn't live off Amblecote Drive did you? We were forever being asked to go and turn hydrants off again; especially in summer. Seemed a shame to stop the kids having a a wash! :D

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You didn't live off Amblecote Drive did you? We were forever being asked to go and turn hydrants off again; especially in summer. Seemed a shame to stop the kids having a a wash! :D

aye, I did mate :D

no idea, how they got their hands on the big key

hours of run, bloody dangerous though looking back