Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

Really good scheme all in all, particularly as a lot of it won’t be of any cost to the club but will still drive a few income streams. Will no doubt end up getting a bit extra from the shop and start using the hotel a bit more. The discount on next year’s season ticket is an interesting one, especially as I saw 10% discount mentioned and (incorrectly) assumed that to be the maximum rather than the minimum. Well done all. 

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Slightly underwhelming but I guess ‘free’ I follow away games would have cut off a fairly substantial income stream for the club ie actual ‘gate revenue’

Hard to reward loyal fans when there not much in the kitty to spread around.

Might be a bit of a meltdown on Twitter etc.

The EFL would not allow it. Not BWFC not doing it

Can't say the offers particularly float my boat, I'll not be asking for a refund & any effort to appease ST holders should be applauded. However, anything that was going to be on offer wouldn't accommodate those ST holders that live a distance from Bolton. 

I dare say they'll be whinges from the usual sectors but that just confirms the adage of not being able to please everyone all the time.

It is what it is & mostly out of the clubs hands, sooner or later the Government have got to get to the point of getting on with a degree of normality, society can't keep on going on like this, especially when there is contradiction to some of the decision making. 

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Cheese said:

A great gesture! They could have done fuck all and I wouldn't have been bothered. 

"Recognition of your loyalty with your name displayed in a special ‘Wall of Fame’ in each stand of the University of Bolton Stadium."

I will demand ZicoKelly and not my real name

9 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Can't say the offers particularly float my boat, I'll not be asking for a refund & any effort to appease ST holders should be applauded. However, anything that was going to be on offer wouldn't accommodate those ST holders that live a distance from Bolton. 

I dare say they'll be whinges from the usual sectors but that just confirms the adage of not being able to please everyone all the time.

It is what it is & mostly out of the clubs hands, sooner or later the Government have got to get to the point of getting on with a degree of normality, society can't keep on going on like this, especially when there is contradiction to some of the decision making. 

Agree with all that. Im on DD, theres probably better causes to be wasting £43 a month on, other charities or cocaine etc. However I wont be cancelling, would take too much hassle more than anything :D

Cant see me using any of the rewards, maybe only to buy my lads a kit. Too much going on to use the match passes, but it is what it is.

Its a shit situation all round. Not a lot else the club can do, cant knock em at all. Glad we seem to be in safe hands.

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've only just fully read about these offers, the loyalty card is a top idea, as are the other gestures, some might say they are only small gestures and go no way into re- compinsating fans for the last of games at the back end of last season and this season. But like someone mentioned further up the thread, it's better than fuck all and it will probably keep most of our 8k season ticket holders on-site.

Nice one Sharon, you get sexier by the the week, you used to be an 8 pinter, now I'd do you after half of shandy 😍

She was never an 8 pinter.. 3 tops 😘

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've only just fully read about these offers, the loyalty card is a top idea, as are the other gestures, some might say they are only small gestures and go no way into re- compinsating fans for the last of games at the back end of last season and this season. But like someone mentioned further up the thread, it's better than fuck all and it will probably keep most of our 8k season ticket holders on-site.

Nice one Sharon, you get sexier by the the week, you used to be an 8 pinter, now I'd do you after half of shandy 😍

Not a patch on Emma 

33 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

8 pints and you’d be on Toby brittan according to @radcliffewhite1

4 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

You're probably nearer, Correct, but I was trying to put an exaggerated spin on it. 2 pints of Joey Holts and I would have been on her like a Gazelle 👍

After 2 pints of Joey Holts i’d end up barfing all over her. I’d rather drink a lepers bath water.

Edited by Burndens Bogs