Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

56 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Pretty much agree with this .Its easy with hindsight to pick holes in his chairmanship but essentially his early decision making got us into the Prem

Wont be remembered positively by everyone but then again who is ?

(Even if they build a statue of you)

Good luck to his son

Worked with a bloke once, he was my boss, he was a nice fella and very capable. For eighteen months or so, he started making daft decisions and doing strange things, colleagues couldn't understand what was going on and grew intolerant of it. Until he was diagnosed with a brain tumour, three months later he died. This is a true story, does this sound familiar. 

37 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

They'll be calling for Nats statue to come down soon due to him battering a certain Irishman into his own goal 😊

In current climate would not surprise me - More likely for touring Apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia with the rest of the team in 1959 though ... 

45 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

In current climate would not surprise me - More likely for touring Apartheid South Africa and Rhodesia with the rest of the team in 1959 though ... 

or that pic of him coming out of the pit with a black face

• 2 months later...

It is news and the newspaper is just doing its job the debt was restructured during the lock down and there paying it back monthly to creditors I don’t see it as criticism just letting people know the facts . Anderson didn’t want anything to do with paper because he didn’t want anyone knowing what he was up to FV seem to be happy to answer the questions stops people guessing 

It sounds quite reassuring to me. It was clear that we hadn't yet paid off the outstanding secured creditors as the charges were still registered on Companies House, but it was also clear that repayment plans had been agreed. This latest statement, issued after a request for comment from a national media organisation, just reinstates the current position and confirmed that the agreed plans and deadlines are still on course to be met.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

32 minutes ago, burnden said:

A further possible 15 point penalty was news to me fella .

Hear me out. I owe you a tenner. I agree to pay the tenner back in 2 years time. If I don’t pay it back to hit me with a penalty 

a year later so ONE full year before I’m due to repay you as agreed would you expect the local newspaper to run a story on it? Yes or no?

also another twist. Do your mortgage company advise the paper each month that you owe them a payment that month and what the penalty is if you don’t pay it? No didn’t think so. 

22 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It sounds quite reassuring to me. It was clear that we hadn't yet paid off the outstanding secured creditors as the charges were still registered on Companies House, but it was also clear that repayment plans had been agreed. This latest statement, issued after a request for comment from a national media organisation, just reinstates the current position and confirmed that the agreed plans and deadlines are still on course to be met.

Why ask in the first place? That’s my point. Why ask and why print a story on it? Nothing has happened. It’s bollocks and poor journalism 

Think its come out as a result of something The Athletic have released this morning which has angered a few Bolton fans for the tone of the tweet that announced it. I cant read the article in full though as I'm not a subscriber.

*edit

Edited by Marc505

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Hear me out. I owe you a tenner. I agree to pay the tenner back in 2 years time. If I don’t pay it back to hit me with a penalty 

a year later so ONE full year before I’m due to repay you as agreed would you expect the local newspaper to run a story on it? Yes or no?

also another twist. Do your mortgage company advise the paper each month that you owe them a payment that month and what the penalty is if you don’t pay it? No didn’t think so. 

Or it is a news article confirming 12 months after the takeover the club although in difficult times remains on plan to meet its obligations. 
If the story appeared in the Athletic people would slag the paper off for not being in touch. 

13 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Why ask in the first place? That’s my point. Why ask and why print a story on it? Nothing has happened. It’s bollocks and poor journalism 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Tha Athletic asked for it, not the BN. It's probably for that reason the club released the statement. I don't think there's any issue with the BN reporting that the statement's been made.

6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Tha Athletic asked for it, not the BN. It's probably for that reason the club released the statement. I don't think there's any issue with the BN reporting that the statement's been made.

Reference it then. Play down the article. In one fail swoop they show the club theyve got their back and are supportive. 

if the club had made a statement in response to an article would it not be on the website? Same as all other statements?

can see the update version back in my box now 

Edited by Escobarp

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Or it is a news article confirming 12 months after the takeover the club although in difficult times remains on plan to meet its obligations. 
If the story appeared in the Athletic people would slag the paper off for not being in touch. 

Can see the original article has been edited and now references it. Much better. Rant over 

Edited by Escobarp

Not the first time that Matt Slater and The Athletic have put out negative articles about FV. There’s definitely an agenda there. Wouldn’t surprise me if Bassini was feeding them info. The article is full of errors like the Coventry draw being the high point of FV’s ownership when the takeover hadn’t even gone through when the game was played. The rest of the article is an unnamed source said this or an unnamed source said that. Not very convincing.

Edited by LeggyMountbatten