Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Soccer Saturday Cull

dusan nikolic

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tomski said:

I think he has a fair point. It’s Sky’s decision. Can’t blame the individuals named for any of it.

If that was the point he was trying to make, i completely agree

But if theyre getting the gig because theyre black or female, i think its reasonable for folk to have a pop at sky

Im sick of having the likes of sue smith being put up as some expert cos she played a 100 games at a level slightly higher than gonzos kids team

12 hours ago, gonzo said:

Yeah I like Jamie Ohara. He could fit the bill as it’s the same company. 

Alex Scott is a superb pundit but reckon she’s on for bigger things than that.

Micah Richards would be good as well. 

MR is absolutely pants.

Agree on Alex Scott though.

23 hours ago, deane koontz said:

Maybe it's just me. But it never even entered my head that this cull would have something to do with "quotas". Maybe I'm subconsciously racist because of my none-thoughts, and my naivety iscomplicit in "white privilege". Whatthefuckamitalkingabout?

what I do have issues with is folk who wear hats in cars. It has been getting on my tits for years. These are the socials issues we should be addressing. When I'm king this will be outlawed.

Edited by Underpants

• Moderators

These guys aren't middle-aged, Phil Thompson is a pensioner. I don't really remember him as a player, or Charlie Nicholas for that matter.

You need people in who have played the modern game and who people in their 20s and 30s remember.

2 hours ago, Underpants said:

Maybe it's just me. But it never even entered my head that this cull would have something to do with "quotas". Maybe I'm subconsciously racist because of my none-thoughts, and my naivety is complicate in "white privilege". Whatthefuckamitalkingabout?

what I do have issues with is folk who wear hats in cars. It has been getting on my tits for years. These are the socials issues we should be addressing. When I'm king this will be outlawed.

Wearing a hat in car = bad driver

• Site Supporter

Why are so many people shitting themselves with rage at the meer thought of Sky Sports employing a black presenter? It's really fucking odd. Have Sky even announced any replacements yet? 

Especially when most of those very same people claim "We don't have a racism problem in the UK"...

• Site Supporter

They’re talking about having people without any credentials getting the jobs because of the colour of their skin or their sexual preferences. Pointing out such discrimination isn’t racist;the discrimination is though. Especially where a white heterosexual is better qualified but overlooked.

I guess you know that though.

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, MickyD said:

They’re talking about having people without any credentials getting the jobs because of the colour of their skin or their sexual preferences. Pointing out such discrimination isn’t racist;the discrimination is though. Especially where a white heterosexual is better qualified but overlooked.

I guess you know that though.

Who have Sky employed that doesn't have any credentials?