Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs

L/H White

On 28/07/2022 at 10:40, Smiley said:

Might have a couple of spares for Afflecks Palace & Pastel tomorrow night at Academy 2. They played a sold out show at the King Tuts in Glasgow last night, sounded like a right old banger!

DM me if interested.

Flogged these on to a couple of mates. All good. Went in “Big Hands” first. Never been in before. Proper pre-gig venue, all old posters on the wall, DJ banging out loads of old tunes – including Master of Puppets!!

Bands were very good last night. Pastel headlined in the end and will be MASSIVE. Mark my words. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's great to finally have a few gigs in the coming weeks!

04/09- The Twang at Chester Live Rooms

30/09- The Enemy at Manchester Ritz

09/10- Godsmack at Manchester Academy

04/11- Fozzy at Manchester New Century Hall

Potentially taking a spare ticket for Ian Brown as well off a mate who can't go.

On 16/08/2022 at 12:58, Naytch said:

Potentially taking a spare ticket for Ian Brown as well off a mate who can't go.

Will take this off you pal.

Anyone doing DMA's at Manchester Academy in October? Presale link still working before open sale at 10am.

6 hours ago, Smiley said:

Will take this off you pal.

Anyone doing DMA's at Manchester Academy in October? Presale link still working before open sale at 10am.

Sorry, I meant I am likely to be buying the ticket myself from someone who can't go- apologies I didn't word that very well!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I seen Lottery Winners have had to leave their tour supporting Embrace, sounds a bit odd. Any idea what's gone on @Leyther_Matt?

Apparently the lead singer was getting a bit full of himself and they over ran their slot last night.

But also, Embrace have replaced them with someone who is a relative of their lead singer (I think), but it’s all a bit odd.

46 minutes ago, Spider said:

Apparently the lead singer was getting a bit full of himself and they over ran their slot last night.

But also, Embrace have replaced them with someone who is a relative of their lead singer (I think), but it’s all a bit odd.

I think Rock City has earlier than normal curfews as they have club nights after gigs there so could understand the venue getting arsey about timings, but from the limited stuff I've seen it was Embrace staff clearing them off and not being very friendly about it. 

The thought of having a club night on in the after a gig is grim as well, love it as a venue but a proper sweat box.