Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Football Ventures

Mounts Kipper

The last update from the BN was June 22 when they changed the name to Bolton Stadium Hotel in readiness for joining the Radisson Individuals later in the year. It had been delayed previously, my guess is it will still happen, but is probably taking a bit longer to do the refurbish before launching.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/20230823.bolton-wanderers-announce-bolton-whites-hotel-will-receive-new-name-part-rebrand/

6 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

So where do the Swiss come in ?

ps. 😉

According to Nixon BMLL is the Swiss investors via Lucock, they’ve put 4 million in and Bolton fan Riley has put in 1 million. If Bolton go up he reckons the plan is to sell the club.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

According to Nixon BMLL is the Swiss investors via Lucock, they’ve put 4 million in and Bolton fan Riley has put in 1 million. If Bolton go up he reckons the plan is to sell the club.

So looks like football ventures job is to clear the outstanding debts prior from their take over which I think they have done now . Turn the business side around to show a profit . Then it’s ripe for a takeover.

Debt free club with good facilities and big fan base should look more promising than when Eddie and Ken sold prior 

Just now, Farnywhite said:

So looks like football ventures job is to clear the outstanding debts prior from their take over which I think they have done now . Turn the business side around to show a profit . Then it’s ripe for a takeover.

Debt free club with good facilities and big fan base should look more promising than when Eddie and Ken sold prior 

As long as a good owner is found I’ve no issue with that, finding a good owner is another thing. 🙏🤞

15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

As long as a good owner is found I’ve no issue with that, finding a good owner is another thing. 🙏🤞

Probably needed though once in the championship to push to the next level . May be Sharon might be asked to stay on as chairman you never know 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

Probably needed though once in the championship to push to the next level . May be Sharon might be asked to stay on as chairman you never know 

See, i think that's risky.

We've come from virtual oblivion in the blink of an eye, whilst in a pandemic, to be on the virge of a second promotion.

No reason that the same process can't continue to achieve positive outcomes.

I agree wholly, that Sharon staying on should allow that, but if new owners want to wang in some dosh and maybe reach the promised land in their time frame, then there may be a conflict of interest.

The next level, whilst far from beyond us, is quite a step up. Wages are, in relative terms  waaay higher. A bunch of clubs playing with parachute money. Lots of recently ex-Premiership players. That doesn't come cheap and whilst Sharon is wealthy she's not utterly loaded.

She said, in one of her interviews, that if we went up we'd need new investors. She'salso said that she'd not sell to people she didn'ttrust. I suspect she has people in mind.

• Site Supporter

She may be building a group of investors already with that in mind.

As we are discussing elsewhere, extra money is no guarantee, and may just add extra pressure.

We've got a decent manager who has said himself that he enjoys working within a sustainable model. 

Wouldn't bother me at all if we were in the championship for a few years making gradual, but honest progression.

Still creates wealth.

• Members
4 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

The next level, whilst far from beyond us, is quite a step up. Wages are, in relative terms  waaay higher. A bunch of clubs playing with parachute money. Lots of recently ex-Premiership players. That doesn't come cheap and whilst Sharon is wealthy she's not utterly loaded.

She said, in one of her interviews, that if we went up we'd need new investors. She'salso said that she'd not sell to people she didn'ttrust. I suspect she has people in mind.

Do we know how Luton are doing it then?

No snark, I'm genuinely interested as they're surely bucking that trend