idiot

Edited by L/H White

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, burnden said:

Evatt is stupid for letting dempsey continue playing with a fractured back

Santos and Maghoma back in.

Mendes Gomes still out.

Ashworth got a knock

I would assume that the medical teams cleared it, but his performance levels alone said it wasn't worth it.

Get him right then bring him back.

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

So after being told the cavalry is coming it isn’t  

Santos, Maghoma, Jones all back for Saturday, Gomes to follow shortly. Who else were you expecting?

Edited by Cheese

50 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Where does the other midfield player fit in then?

Ok I will play Dempsey and Maghoma are box to box midfielders they like to get forward Sheehan ball player can’t tackle for toffee, Morley no idea anymore he looks totally lacking in confidence so that leaves GT and he’s a red card waiting to happen and again is not defensive minded. 
We get found out each game wing backs bomb forward lose the ball need a DM to cover when this happens but we don’t have that type of player in the squad anymore. 

55 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Gomez is more of a winger it’s DM we need we don’t have any .

Agreed we need a DM (as most do), but on CMG, the highlights compilations where he looks like a world beater suggest a direct, attacking midfielder who may drift wide but not as a winger, more in search of the ball, just involved.  Wingers, eg Verlinden, Feeney, Ameobi, Dapo, tend to stick to their position waiting for the ball that might not come for 10 minutes.  Then they beat a man and cross it, or cut in and shoot. 

Anyway, whether CMG is a wide player or centre mid I've no idea how he fits into an IE team!! I don't currently see how his style of player gets a regular place but I'm looking forward to finding out. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Agreed we need a DM (as most do), but on CMG, the highlights compilations where he looks like a world beater suggest a direct, attacking midfielder who may drift wide but not as a winger, more in search of the ball, just involved.  Wingers, eg Verlinden, Feeney, Ameobi, Dapo, tend to stick to their position waiting for the ball that might not come for 10 minutes.  Then they beat a man and cross it, or cut in and shoot. 

Anyway, whether CMG is a wide player or centre mid I've no idea how he fits into an IE team!! I don't currently see how his style of player gets a regular place but I'm looking forward to finding out. 

My thing with CMG like you say how does he fit in unless he’s going to play Lees position so time will tell as he’s been injured most of the time. 

20 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Ok I will play Dempsey and Maghoma are box to box midfielders they like to get forward Sheehan ball player can’t tackle for toffee, Morley no idea anymore he looks totally lacking in confidence so that leaves GT and he’s a red card waiting to happen and again is not defensive minded. 
We get found out each game wing backs bomb forward lose the ball need a DM to cover when this happens but we don’t have that type of player in the squad anymore. 

I agree we need a DM if we want to play the way we do

Thomason, as much I like him isn't the answer as like you say he's walking a tight rope 

• Site Supporter

Seems a silly thing to say, but we will be better without an injured Dempsey.

It was clear his performances in the last few games was way off his form from early season.

But we had little option with lots of injuries, so fair play to him for stepping up and taking on the role of captain when Santos/Jones were out.

Hopefully it’s short term and he’ll come back firing and on form.

Time for Morley, Thomason, Maghoma and Sheehan to stake their claims - they are plenty good enough when on form.

3 hours ago, desperado said:

Seems a silly thing to say, but we will be better without an injured Dempsey.

It was clear his performances in the last few games was way off his form from early season.

But we had little option with lots of injuries, so fair play to him for stepping up and taking on the role of captain when Santos/Jones were out.

Hopefully it’s short term and he’ll come back firing and on form.

Time for Morley, Thomason, Maghoma and Sheehan to stake their claims - they are plenty good enough when on form.

Only Sheehan of those 4 have proven they are good enough to start in a midfield that is good enough to finish in the top 2 (Morley possibly on the basis of some of his last season form).

We really do need Maghoma to come back firing.

13 hours ago, Zico said:

I had Paris down as someone who can tackle and bring the ball forward 

Him and GT will do in the middle and with Sheehan we should be ok

That looks like a midfield devoid of goals or assists.  Even when Morley is playing poorly he's good for a shot or 2 on target per game.  I'm not saying he's the answer but we already lack goalscoring potential aside from Charles and playing Paris and GT in the same team is 2 more players that don't score.  Not saying I know what the answer is!

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I like Morley but when he plays he doesn’t seem to really know what his main job is and seems lacking in confidence.

Adeeko won the mental game with him against Wigan and it went down hill from there.  Could see it coming off the ball and his head went