Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Play offs - Can we get there

Ani

35 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I genuinely hope Wigan have gone up automatically if we do get in the Play Offs.

Absolute worst nightmare playing them. At any point.

For all of us including Neil Hart, GMP and MET Police.

Fuck that. See you in the championship.

Same, to an extent but the scenes if we beat them would be unreal.😂

I'm torn on this. I'm as excited as everyone else at the way that gap is closing. Beating MK Dons on Saturday would raise things to fever pitch. How can we turn up our noses at a chance to get out of the lower divisions? We're a bigger club than League 1 level and we're all feeling that excitement now, same as this time 12 months ago. That's the BWFC fan talking.

On the other hand getting to the Championship too soon will mean we'll struggle like hell when we get there. Realistically we need another couple of transfer windows and another season in League 1 to build up to being robust enough to withstand the Championship. We've also got a queue of big clubs to jump to get out of this league. That's what the considered opinion of a neutral onlooker would be.

Not a bad dilemma to have!! Not a dilemma we thought we'd have a matter of a month ago!

18 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Im deffo a glass half empty kind of guy when it comes to those fuckers.

Wembley, last minute, James McClean :(

Fuck, that would be horrendous, they could still ruin our season when we play them away on April 2nd, that would be bad enough!

For what it's worth I think we'll beat them in that game, but maybe I'm just glass half full. Our head-to-head results with them are pretty even. Their 19 wins to our 17, but that includes losing on pens in the cup this season and obviously the 0-4 loss

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bolton-wanderers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Wigan Athletic/

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

Fuck, that would be horrendous, they could still ruin our season when we play them away on April 2nd, that would be bad enough!

For what it's worth I think we'll beat them in that game, but maybe I'm just glass half full. Our head-to-head results with them are pretty even. Their 19 wins to our 17, but that includes losing on pens in the cup this season and obviously the 0-4 loss

https://www.11v11.com/teams/bolton-wanderers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Wigan Athletic/

Its odds on that date will be put back, because of their likely U23s cup final, and it troubles me that their promotion could be secured when they play us (whenever that is, but presumably well into April, a couple of weeks before the season ends).  Yes they'll go up, but we don't want to witness it and I'd rather our name wasn't associated with one of their stand out days.

Yes. Way past the phase of it being a pipe dream. It’s definitely on.

Sunderland are in freefall.  Plymouth’s form is bound to drop.

Other teams might have more points and games in hand, but fuck me, it’s only five points with just less than a quarter of the season to go and we’re brilliant. 

No one has in our immediate vicinity has the aces we have to play. Let’s get something on Saturday whites!

1 minute ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Yes. Way past the phase of it being a pipe dream. It’s definitely on.

Sunderland are in freefall.  Plymouth’s form is bound to drop.

Other teams might have more points and games in hand, but fuck me, it’s only five points with just less than a quarter of the season to go and we’re brilliant. 

No one has in our immediate vicinity has the aces we have to play. Let’s get something on Saturday whites!

Love the positivity 

The average is 74 points to achieve a play off spot apparently, it looks like this season it might need a few points more than that.

If it isn’t happening for us this season, i think we’ll be even stronger next year and we’ll be challenging for one of the top spots.

Either way, it’s a nice position to be in considering where we were 2 or 3 years ago.

Onwards and upwards.

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

That's what gets me excited 

There's loads to play for, and current form and positivity will go a long way 

I reckon we've far more Wimbledon type performances than Burton left in us and five points is fuck all in terms of catching up to do 

And unlike last seasons narrow wins that were nerve wracking we're scoring and conceding generally isn't an issue

4 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The average is 74 points to achieve a play off spot apparently, it looks like this season it might need a few points more than that.

If it isn’t happening for us this season, i think we’ll be even stronger next year and we’ll be challenging for one of the top spots.

Either way, it’s a nice position to be in considering where we were 2 or 3 years ago.

Onwards and upwards.

I agree, just got a feeling that 4-6pts more will be needed.

Think it will do us no harm at all, for this team to have another year in this league. As long as we can keep team together. Plus be great to watch us batter teams all year, rather than struggle in championship. But saying that if we do make playoffs this team will be tough to beat. Good position to be in COYWM.