Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wycombe (A)

radcliffe white

9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Wycombe is right up there with the shittest of away days IMO.

I’m on holiday but even if I wasn’t  I’m honest enough to say I wouldn’t be going.

Fair play to anyone who is though because it’s been an expensive few weeks & Accy/Pompey to come before the month is out……..

Nowt wrong with Wycombe as an away apart from our record there. Hopefully we will get a result Saturday and that will tempt me to Pompey 

27 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Nowt wrong with Wycombe as an away apart from our record there. Hopefully we will get a result Saturday and that will tempt me to Pompey 

Non entity of a club, no fans & subsequently no atmosphere.

Shit town centre.

Difficult train journey.

Ground is a long way from town & train station.

Apart from the above it’s a great day out….

😉

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Anytime I'm wondering what the set up is for flags I search for "fans at ****" on twitter and photos of away followings at that ground will come up.

Looking at Wycombe, seems like they have you putting flags across the seats in un used blocks.

Sound. I am gonna take mine and hang chorleys upside down I reckon 😁

• The topic was pinned
10 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

where's best to park down here, preferably suited for a quick getaway? planning on the White Horse for some pre match entertainment so if its not too far to the ground somewhere round there maybe?

Ground is at the bottom of an industrial estate

Traffic is horrendous getting near the ground 

Got a taxi on previous occasions and ended up walking the last ten minutes or so 

Might be residents only parking nearby due to all that 

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

where's best to park down here, preferably suited for a quick getaway? planning on the White Horse for some pre match entertainment so if its not too far to the ground somewhere round there maybe?

Plenty of small industrial units either side of the long drag up to the ground all allowing parking. (Can’t remember if they charged but if they did, maybe a fiver.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Plenty of small industrial units either side of the long drag up to the ground all allowing parking. (Can’t remember if they charged but if they did, maybe a fiver.

We parked there for the “Azitbindunyet?” Game, it was a bit of a nightmare to get away from iirc, yeh it was a fiver to park up.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

50 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Park as close to the main road as you can, though. 
Quicker to walk down to the bottom than it will be to try and drive.

54 minutes ago, Traf said:

Park as close to the main road as you can, though. 
Quicker to walk down to the bottom than it will be to try and drive.

Good advice Traf,  i was just about to post the same thing.

We made the mistake of trying to park as close as poss to the ground.

We just had to applaud our kids off at the end, so by the time we got to the car , the industrial unit road leading away from the ground was gridlocked proper.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Good advice Traf,  i was just about to post the same thing.

We made the mistake of trying to park as close as poss to the ground.

We just had to applaud our kids off at the end, so by the time we got to the car , the industrial unit road leading away from the ground was gridlocked proper.

First time there stupidly parked outside ground.

We won but other results meant relegation almost a certainty. Some young knob driving mothers beemer made mistake off trying to cut me up forcing way to exit and learnt contractors aren’t so precious of paintwork on company cars. Him and his mate must have felt bit silly in front of two two maids in the car when we got out to “exchange details”.

Safe journey and take your blood pressure pills if going White Horse you dirty old men.