Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley ๐Ÿ•

Eddie

10 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Nah, thatโ€™s the lot

people are still flogging on social mediaย 

People said we would sell 25k, and here we are on 34,000

I think we massively under estimate our fan base, but done fairly based on the past. But we are growing for sure, the numbers we've hit this season are unheard off for us at this level.

34,000 at Wembley, 26k at home Vs Derby, 20k Vs Ipswich, Exeter etc. It's great to see the growth.

Let's hope Sunday is a much better experience than our last Wembley visit, and wets the appetite for another appearance in May!

Edited by Lostock Whites

5 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

I think we massively under estimate our fan base, but done fairly based on the past. But we are growing for sure, the numbers we've hit this season are unheard off for us at this level.

34,000 at Wembley, 26k at home Vs Derby, 20k Vs Ipswich, Exeter etc. It's great to see the growth.

Let's hope Sunday is a much better experience than our last Wembley visit, and wets the appetite for another appearance in May!

Absolutely and itโ€™s all good to see, I will add that the pricing has been spot on for this and if we go back again in May the pricing will be totally different

30 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

ย 

Home fan numbers have remained pretty steady at around a decent 17-18k. Only major difference has been the away attendances.

The 'boxing day' game Vs Derby got a few more home fans through the gates though.

42 minutes ago, Lostock Whites said:

No doubt our crowds and popularity have increased, but just for balance, we know the attendances published are very generous - eg it looked nowhere near 20k v Ipswich, so many empty seats on the highlights.ย  Only mentioning that because its fair to assume the 34k at Wembley is a true figure which makes it even more impressive.ย 

Not many will have bought tickets unless they are going to Wembley except maybe the odd ยฃ10 kids ticket not being used.ย  Hard to judge the real rise in home crowds since they introduced the ยฃ35 kids S/Ts, if we'd had them years ago crowds wouldn't have dropped so much.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No doubt our crowds and popularity have increased, but just for balance, we know the attendances published are very generous - eg it looked nowhere near 20k v Ipswich, so many empty seats on the highlights.ย  Only mentioning that because its fair to assume the 34k at Wembley is a true figure which makes it even more impressive.ย 

Not many will have bought tickets unless they are going to Wembley except maybe the odd ยฃ10 kids ticket not being used.ย  Hard to judge the real rise in home crowds since they introduced the ยฃ35 kids S/Ts, if we'd had them years ago crowds wouldn't have dropped so much.

We are just a town of piss heads who fancy a day at Wembley after 12 years.

There must be loads in club wembley aswell who arent counted in the club sales.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Iirc the article said something about a phone line being in place for those without the Internet. I would guess that means no membership arrangements whatsoever are required.ย 

Unfortunately I still think you need to be a member to purchase:

Ticket purchases will still be subject to accounts being valid prior to midnight on Wednesday 15th March and to the maximum of 9 tickets per transaction.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/wembley-ticket-sales-extension/
ย 

A bit disappointing that the club have made it harder than necessary for more fair weather fans to get tickets. Over 34,000 a great effort though.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Iirc the article said something about a phone line being in place for those without the Internet. I would guess that means no membership arrangements whatsoever are required.ย 

I mean can fans of other clubs attend and how?