Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wembley πŸ•

Eddie

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dan P said:

Ill stick to holts bitter then...que abuse...

The Holts I’ve had recently out of the Dukes Gate has been ordinary at best. I thought I must have gone off it. Last week I had a few in the Doffy though and it’s spot on.

23 minutes ago, QFPants said:

Similar to @ZicoΒ I’m missing out, with a wife 9 months pregnant and due on Tuesday.

Had one last long run up Rivvy for a while and called for a beer at the Brewery Tap en route, be watching on tv with a couple of 0% beers instead jealous as fuck, have a safe trip all

My first was due on the day we played Newcastle away in Jan 98’

I went, we lost in the last minute and he wasn’t born on my return, so thankfully I didn’t miss the birth.

Glad I went but you’re obviously more responsible than me….

Good luck to you and the baby πŸ‘πŸ»

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter

Just dropped Mrs Fogarty off at our daughters, had a couple in the pub and I’m home now getting stuff ready that I won’t need and probably won’t take.

Long as I remember the tickets, cards and my phone it will be reet .

Come on you whites!

29 minutes ago, captainmed said:

My first was due on the day we played Newcastle away in Jan 98’

I went, we lost in the last minute and he wasn’t born on my return, so thankfully I didn’t miss the birth.

Glad I went but you’re obviously more responsible than me….

Good luck to you and the baby πŸ‘πŸ»

Cheers pal, I’ll be there for the Play Off final πŸ‘πŸ»

1 hour ago, Francis Fogarty said:

The Holts I’ve had recently out of the Dukes Gate has been ordinary at best. I thought I must have gone off it. Last week I had a few in the Doffy though and it’s spot on.

Best pint of Holts round here is The White Lion in WesthoughtonΒ 

47 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Down in Dorking (south of London) at my lads.Β  Freezing, blowing a gale and drizzle. Definately not shorts weather.Β 

Set off at 0900 this morn and missed the M6 problem by just a few minutes I think. Roads were actually quiet.

Β 

11 degrees and sunny intervals with gentle breeze, what do you want ? The Maldives?

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Wagons roll, Bolton scarf flapping out of the window like its the 90s πŸ’™

It’ll do your head in by the time you’ve reached Tickled Trout πŸ˜‚ don’t forget to tie a massive knot at one end!

Booked 3 rooms in our hotel. Third room arrived at 3am this morning having finished work at 10.30pm then drove straight down. Mad bastard wouldn’t even class himself as a Bolton fan but I think such acts suggest otherwise!

After a Saturday of madness I’m now out of proceedings and absolutely fucking gutted.
Β 

what started as a usual Saturday and my pregnant missus huffing and puffing around the range / dunelm etc. led to her giving birth 5hrs later and 8 weeks fucking early!!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

I know she hates football but that is vindictiveness of the highest order

13 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

After a Saturday of madness I’m now out of proceedings and absolutely fucking gutted.
Β 

what started as a usual Saturday and my pregnant missus huffing and puffing around the range / dunelm etc. led to her giving birth 5hrs later and 8 weeks fucking early!!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Congratulations on the birth - shocking timing but at least you’ll be reet for the play off final! Hope all is well with mother and baby Dion (unisex name just FYI)

9 hours ago, gonzo said:

Going to bed tonight feeling the same way I did in 1995.

My lad is going to bed just the same and my Dad has just text saying hes a couple of nightcaps away and hes the same.

My phones awash with similar messages, mates, family, notrights, all going to bed that feeling.

Doesn't get any better than this folks.

Drink it in. Enjoy every fucking minute of it.

We're Bolton Wanderers...and we never fucking went away you cunts.

This. With fucking bells on!!

19 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Β 

Congrats and commiserations in equal measures.

And welcome to baby Elias.

If she has had the baby why can you not go the game though, not as though it is your job to look after it.Β 

30 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Β 

Congratulations!

Perhaps an afternoon of head wetting in front of the telly?