Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley away 2nd leg

HomerJay

2 hours ago, desperado said:

And here it is. It was always on the cards these things happening.

I really want to go, but there’s no way I’m shelling out £100 for a ticket, especially to tools like this 

2 hours ago, Big E said:

Now pretending he was joking. Sick of our weird fan base 

He’ll be very much doing it for top bants init

It's official now that Barnsley aren't selling tickets in the "away" stand to Barnsley fans meaning that there'll be 2 or 3 thousand empty seats in there while there's 2 or 3 thousan Bolton fans ( including me ) who would have happily paid for them. A fucking farce.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

It's official now that Barnsley aren't selling tickets in the "away" stand to Barnsley fans meaning that there'll be 2 or 3 thousand empty seats in there while there's 2 or 3 thousan Bolton fans ( including me ) who would have happily paid for them. A fucking farce.

It is if they can't shift them to their own.

38 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

He’s an attention seeking dick head of the highest order that kid. There’s a couple on twitter who think they’re the bollocks. Nuggets the lot of em 

I agree. Not sure if he’s Ill or something. He’s in the avoid section in our fanbase. Don’t engage in real life or twitter etc with em. 
Joking about the tickets is a poor do as it will piss plenty off and I’m sure someone will take it further at some point.

As for Barnsley tickets it’s frustrating but I’d want us to be doing the same. Worth pointing out that if the gate receipts are split 4 ways then they’d never let us fill out. 
If plenty of ours pop up in their sides then I’ve no sympathy 

58 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

Seems to have happened across the EFL. Pathetic from all of the clubs (to different degrees).

A sport deliberately choosing empty seats over paying fans has completely lost its fucking head.

31 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Seems to have happened across the EFL. Pathetic from all of the clubs (to different degrees).

A sport deliberately choosing empty seats over paying fans has completely lost its fucking head.

Sad thing is they won’t be that arsed due to the sky money more than covering the losses. 

easier and cheaper to police and still making more money 

3 hours ago, Lostock Whites said:

Barnsley fans giving it big time because they're near a sell out, when their sell out won't be much more than our average attendance this season, 19k 😂 

It's tactical rather than financial and I'm glad we did tit for tat rather than facing 5k Barnsley celebrating on Saturday

Within 5 seconds of them scoring we'd rallied the atmosphere drowned them out and we're back in the tie in a matter of minutes. 

That wouldn't have happened with 5k behind the goal still ballooning... Fact. (it's not fact but you can't prove otherwise) 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, stevieb said:

(it's not fact but you can't prove otherwise) 

Nor could you prove or disprove that 5k whites would raleigh our team on Friday to get an early goal that would be so valuable, or an equaliser in the same manner as Saturday, or inspire us to a penalty shoot out victory at our end.

All guesswork.

Whats not guesswork and is very much fact is that away fans are left surrounded by empty seats, which is absolutely ridiculous in a high profile spectator sport.

41 minutes ago, stevieb said:

It's tactical rather than financial and I'm glad we did tit for tat rather than facing 5k Barnsley celebrating on Saturday

Within 5 seconds of them scoring we'd rallied the atmosphere drowned them out and we're back in the tie in a matter of minutes. 

That wouldn't have happened with 5k behind the goal still ballooning... Fact. (it's not fact but you can't prove otherwise) 

We beat Sunderland 5-0 last season when they filled the stand. And lost to about 26 people supporting Stanley two weeks ago. We've taken big followings to places and got dicked, a couple of hundred to others and won etc. 

It's embarrassing for any professional football club to be afraid of the other team's fans. It's shit for everyone and will only stop when some teams grow a pair instead of this tit for tat nonsense.

Edited by Tombwfc

19 minutes ago, desperado said:

Nor could you prove or disprove that 5k whites would raleigh our team on Friday to get an early goal that would be so valuable, or an equaliser in the same manner as Saturday, or inspire us to a penalty shoot out victory at our end.

All guesswork.

Whats not guesswork and is very much fact is that away fans are left surrounded by empty seats, which is absolutely ridiculous in a high profile spectator sport.

7 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

We beat Sunderland 5-0 last season when they filled the stand. And lost to about 26 people supporting Stanley two weeks ago. We've taken big followings to places and got dicked, a couple of hundred to others and won etc. 

It's embarrassing for any professional football club to be afraid of the other team's fans. It's shit for everyone and will only stop when some teams grow a pair instead of this tit for tat nonsense.

Who Knows Idk GIF

That's the way it is. 

Thinly veiled didn't even bother trying for tickets so not getting emotional I missed out