Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre-Season

desperado

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Wrexhams big friendly against united backfired last night, paul mullins went off with a punctured lung

That's what you get got playing cloggers with a point to prove

Baxter - 7 made some good saves but also picked up that back pass 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jones - 7 steady eddie

Santos - 8 didn’t give them a sniff and other than one bad pass, was imperious

Iredale - 7 very impressed, solid and steady like Jones and did a nice overlap in the first half that almost paid off

Cogley - 7 looks sharp and bright, not quite Bradley but looks promising and capable

Williams - 8 had a couple of really nice moments, skilled his way past an Everton defender, controlled a long pass ball like Neymar in the second half, put in some good shots and deliveries too

Sheehan - 7 kept everything ticking over nicely, and even made a couple of decent tackles 

Morley - 6 didn’t really add an awful lot, almost gave the ball away cheaply in the first half to Maupay and got nutmegged on the counter

Dempsey - linked up well with Sheehan

Victor - 7.5 best performance I’ve seen from him in a white shirt. Touch looks cleaner, showed some good pace to get in behind on occasion and pressed effectively with Charles

Charles - 6 didn’t get into the game much, took too long to shoot in the second half and was dispossessed, missed a big chance at the end of the first half. But decent overall

Subs didn’t really make a huge impact, Thomason almost cost us a goal twice but I know he can do better. Dan and Jerome were feeding on scraps by the end and Gomes didn’t really have much of a chance to show what he could do 

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

I actually thought Jerome looked a lot fitter, stronger, sharper and more mobile than he did last season. 

He looked physically bigger in his upper body, not sure if Evatt has put him on the weights to try and make him more of a bully option for us

• Site Supporter

I thought Charles had a great game myself. Proper pain in the arse, terrier-like performance that we're used to seeing from him. Several occasions he refused to give up the chase and gave them no option but to boot it into touch.

Edited by Cheese

10 minutes ago, green genie said:

@Pablo Did Warrington get on last night? Still rumours he’s coming to us either on loan or permanently now we’re pissing 1M on players😂

He come on at half time, wore number 51. Good tidy player, highly rated but looks like we are selling anything thats not nailed down.

4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Yeah agree with this, baffles us alot does Iwobi, but strangely his attacking stats are really good. He is also the fittest in the squad and works hard...so coaches will love him...recon he is one of them that fails the fans "eye test".

He posted before the game a video of the ground, saying its always been his dream to play here, thought that was a nice touch, his best of the game....

Ha ha, I feel bad now!  Maybe its his destiny to play for us in the championship one day.  I may not rate him for the Prem but he's obviously a level above where we are now and as you say with his workrate he'd definitely fit the IE mould, as he does for Dyche.