Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Port Vale (A)

Johnnyrotten

1 minute ago, Traf said:

£59k average salary.

But the strike isn't only about wages, as you full well know.

What’s it about then; their pensions are above most people as well. 

it’s political and I won’t be voting for the Tory Party - left wing clowns ruining our country but Labour would be even worse. Anyway this should be about football 

1 minute ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

What’s it about then; their pensions are above most people as well. 

it’s political and I won’t be voting for the Tory Party - left wing clowns ruining our country but Labour would be even worse. Anyway this should be about football 

It's about changes to their working conditions, enforced overtime, guardless trains etc etc

Plus half of the current train strikes aren't down to the drivers. It just seems like they're always on strike.

• Site Supporter
On 15/09/2023 at 15:01, Traf said:

At the risk of repeating myself, it's not all about the money.

It isn't all about the money.

In which case they could take their issues to their management and request they sort out the ludicrous spending on irrelevant stuff.

• Moderators
Just now, ErnestTurnip said:

He's a good orator,.a lot of what he says seems to make a lot of sense regarding wider society, arguably absolutely useless as a union leader which is his job though.

His problem, imo, is that he cant win

Tocs dont want to settle and govt pay them not to settle

1 hour ago, mattbwfc19 said:

speaking of trains, is anyone going to this one on one? still showing as available on trainline but not sure whether to risk getting one with there being a strike

I've already got train tickets but will probably fuck it off.  My guess is that there may be some sort of service between Manchester & Stoke but nothing between Bolton & Manchester & having to get the bus to Manchester ( & back ) is painful.

2 hours ago, mattbwfc19 said:

speaking of trains, is anyone going to this one on one? still showing as available on trainline but not sure whether to risk getting one with there being a strike

Based on previous strikes getting back is the issue rather than getting there. They seem to run a day time service rather than evening. 

51 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

I've already got train tickets but will probably fuck it off.  My guess is that there may be some sort of service between Manchester & Stoke but nothing between Bolton & Manchester & having to get the bus to Manchester ( & back ) is painful.

only need to make it back to stockport/manchester so will be a bit easier but trains are shite these days so who knows