Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carlisle (H)

Bertie

• Site Supporter

That was awful. This season has been largely poor but results have papered over the cracks.

The defence is weak as piss, midfield create little, nobody can put a decent effort from distance on target.

Carlisle fully deserved their win. We look devoid of confidence.

The buck stops with Evatt

45 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bottom line is we and he are nowhere near as good as he see us and himself. 

I get he’s got confidence in the way he wants us to play. But it’s bordering on arrogance now. He thinks this pass pass pass approach (which doesn’t get us anywhere) alone is going to be enough and it’s almost disrespectful cos there are some Wiley characters in this league. Both on the grass and the bench. 

he sees himself as some student of the game. Well what he needs to learn quick is sometimes games are played as an occasion. It’s played on emotion and adrenaline. Wigan seem to fucking recognise it when they come here and Carlisle have done exactly the same today. Overall they’re a poor side who played above and beyond and wanted it more. Our process driven philosophy has sometimes got to be mixed in with some fucking bollocks and desire. 

we’re too easy to work out and up to now he’s shown no signs of countering teams when they nullify his plan A 

I could post some angry bollocks while I'm half cut but this sums it up beautifully. All the faith I had in Evatt practically evaporated after that Wigan game. Other than Cheltenham,Carlisle were possibly the poorest team we've played but today, we've given them the easiest 3 points they'll ever get. 

2 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Baxter is mom in first half 2 great saves and a penalty as well, they have had loads more chances than us 

Baxter MOM by a mile for us, he's keeping us in games at the moment, honestly can't remember any home games last season when our keeper had to make so many saves, we are so open at the back its untrue. 

53 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Bottom line is we and he are nowhere near as good as he see us and himself. 

I get he’s got confidence in the way he wants us to play. But it’s bordering on arrogance now. He thinks this pass pass pass approach (which doesn’t get us anywhere) alone is going to be enough and it’s almost disrespectful cos there are some Wiley characters in this league. Both on the grass and the bench. 

he sees himself as some student of the game. Well what he needs to learn quick is sometimes games are played as an occasion. It’s played on emotion and adrenaline. Wigan seem to fucking recognise it when they come here and Carlisle have done exactly the same today. Overall they’re a poor side who played above and beyond and wanted it more. Our process driven philosophy has sometimes got to be mixed in with some fucking bollocks and desire. 

we’re too easy to work out and up to now he’s shown no signs of countering teams when they nullify his plan A 

Spot on Barry IE is on borrowed time this pissing about passing it at the back doesn’t work but he will not change even though all other managers have sussed us out. 
Poor signings haven’t helped either and his refusal to bring in a physical DM. 

Shite. 

Evatt needs to realise we ain’t got the players for this intricate tippy tappy bollox on the edge of the box. Your forwards need to be able to trap a big of shite to play that way for starters.  

Get down the wings and whip it, in we look dangerous. Otherwise we are so fucking easy to defend against. 

And for all his limitations I can see why Thomason is getting the nod over Morley. 

He was anonymous when he came in. He seems perfectly happy to go into hiding. He needs a massive managerial kick up the arse if he isn’t to waste his obvious talent. 

Have we reduced the size of the pitches at Lostock? All falling over each other in the middle 20 yards on the edge of the box and there’s acres of room out wide.

Hope Evatt sticks our 5 (FIVE) strikers down and shows them Joe Garner’s performance on a constant loop for the next fortnight. A real lesson in how to lead the line.

Another side coming to us for their cup final and we don’t show up. Mad to think that in the first half we were looking at 9 points from 9 because the second half was beyond hopeless.

Two weeks off is probably for the best. Get them training double sessions to build up a bit of chemistry on the ball. Far too many reactive passes rather than players making runs in to space, and all far too pedestrian at that.

43 minutes ago, itdiddidit? said:

When it comes time to pot Mr Evatt will the shares bit get in the way or have a bearing?

Doubt it Any club that would put a manager in a position that he could not be sacked because they have given him shares would be a bit odd .
Would of thought it’s more of a case he profits the more successful the club is if he is going to profit by any sale of our players  it might be a conflict of interests for example if he personally made money out of selling dapo then that opens a can of worms 

Edited by Farnywhite

14 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I could post some angry bollocks while I'm half cut but this sums it up beautifully. All the faith I had in Evatt practically evaporated after that Wigan game. Other than Cheltenham,Carlisle were possibly the poorest team we've played but today, we've given them the easiest 3 points they'll ever get. 

I was trying to think of a more disappointing home defeat in terms of playing a team we should beat (bottom 6 or whatever), and where the opposition fully deserve to win, no fluke.  We lost at home to Accy in April but they weren't the better team.  Today has to be the worst home display against a poor team since the 1st half of IEs first season.

Awful today. If we're going to play tippy happy around the edge of the box and look for openings then we need someone who can thread a pass. Arguably the only person who can really do that is Sheehan and he's far too deep and looks largely uninterested. 

Shame that lad from Brentford is injured as he looked more athletic and box to box. Likewise the lad from Luton - I'm presume he was brought in to play behind the strikers. 

Very poor day at the office.