Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oh dear how sad. Everton

batton carrier

54 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I wouldn't. As above, they are the most likely to become "sustainable" through various income streams that will offset big spending.

If they're guilty though, then I'm confident they'll be punished.

No doubt all these clubs may try to utilise "schemes" to their own advantage- and that's where the investigations have to be thorough.

Trouble is, can you imagine the legal power City have at their disposal - not to mention political. Schemes as you say have been used - there was City thing where they got significant sponsorship from a betting company nobody had ever heard of and they wheeled out Teddy Sherringham (for some obscure reason) and the company's "CEO" (who turned out to be a "glamour model" power dressed for the day) to celebrate it. A company started and owned in the middle east, with no discernable activity.

Everton are any easy win at the moment as right now the 3 or 4 basket cases will ensure they don't go down (though they will be hit with positional prize money at the end of the season - it was nigh on a million per place when we were struggling, so it'll be very significant now). In their case, fuck 'em. I hope their new ground stalls and they end up playing in L1 in their ramshackle pit for the foreseeable - they deserve it. Though they won't.

But the self elected big boys have too much clout unfortunately, even if the investigations are remarkably thorough. City could take the hit of a big points deduction, wipe the slate clean with a lack of CL for a season and then obliterate all and sundry from then on. Long term they'd care not a jot.

Best you could hope for is Newcastle's owners to be a bit more discreet in spending their $0.5 trillion PIF money from now on.

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe, but the Everton owners aren't short of a Bob ot two.

From what little I've heard, it seems a relatively simple case to investigate.

I have some sympathy- the lost sponsor revenue will have hurt, and maybe that could have/did mitigate.

The lawyers may come to the fore more should appeals go ahead, or even a hearing in the court of arbitration for sport.

All will come out in the wash.

I suppose City have bottomless pockets so will say 'how far do you want to take this' 

And will take it to every court available and it will still be pocket money 

Maybe saying a similar thing to the Prem 

At what point do the Prem call itca day because they simply can't afford it

12 hours ago, tomski said:

But not Liverpool or the scum. Weird that

Man U have just had their wrists slapped with a fine for a “minor” FFP failing. Everton should be asking for clarity on that decision.

A lot of charges against City relate to inflated sponsorship from related parties. AIG is part owned by the Glazers. Like to argue in court Etihad haven’t had better value for money from their investment?

Liverpool failed UEFA FFP 13/14(?) but got away with it as didn’t qualify for Europe. Premier League are now clumsily charging City with failing UEFA FFP so would imagine are asking Premier League if Liverpool will be charged.

They might want to ask for the receipts for £50M of costs LFC wrote off against FFP for Stanley Park stadium, which was a ludicrous figure.

The Premier League is never going to let the spotlight be turned on their darling’istree clubs 

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Oh I don't know, thought she was pure Ev through and through.

It's the bits she does with her flute (hang on?) that are the best.

Sorry, i meant was she on the infamous bolton at chelsea video

I think shes simple

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

I suppose City have bottomless pockets so will say 'how far do you want to take this' 

And will take it to every court available and it will still be pocket money 

Maybe saying a similar thing to the Prem 

At what point do the Prem call itca day because they simply can't afford it

Of course they will be making things difficult- it probably explains why it's taking so long.

Hopefully the investigators stick with it though; if those obscure companies discussed above can't be ratified etc, then that ought to be something which can be used as evidence by the investigation. 

Even if they can't succeed with all the 100+ charges, if a few can be made to stick, then that should be adequate to impose sanctions.

Ultimately though, we're not directly involved, so have to leave them to it. 

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course they will be making things difficult- it probably explains why it's taking so long.

Hopefully the investigators stick with it though; if those obscure companies discussed above can't be ratified etc, then that ought to be something which can be used as evidence by the investigation. 

Even if they can't succeed with all the 100+ charges, if a few can be made to stick, then that should be adequate to impose sanctions.

Ultimately though, we're not directly involved, so have to leave them to it. 

On football focus earlier there was a bloke from the Liverpool Echo on explaining that Everton knew they were guilty and it's the severity of the punishment they are pissed off about as it's unprecedented and will appeal on that basis 

City will probably argue that they've done nowt wrong so may not be comparable 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm just gutted that the fat nasty bully is now dead, so he couldn't see this.

Maybe Bill Kenwright left a deathbed confession that he didn’t really have photos of the Premier League’s hierarchy having a lemon party.

Quite funny on Twitter, their fans are planning all types of boycotts  and protests against the EFL.

They do not include turning down their money, but it is funny to suggest it. 

TBF they have been screwed and IMO will be reduced and even if not they will stay up.