Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Exeter (H).

captainmed

7 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

What? At all?

Traffic was never this bad when we were getting PL crowds.

Buses don't get priority now, since the machines came in. They are just in the free for all melee. That's the reason I saw my arse over the buses. Apart from bringing them forward an hour for 3:00 KO that is.

Buses not getting priority is now my reason for driving. 

Park on Tesco , ( top end ) .

Applaud team off ( win or lose)

Jump in car ,negotiate roundabout,  cut in at the lights straight past Bonny Lasses .

Park up at home , brisk 5 min walk to Brewery Tap .Arrival 17.32 .

7 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

What? At all?

Traffic was never this bad when we were getting PL crowds.

Buses don't get priority now, since the machines came in. They are just in the free for all melee. That's the reason I saw my arse over the buses. Apart from bringing them forward an hour for 3:00 KO that is.

Yes they do.

All the traffic lights go red and the busses are let off en masse about 10 mintues after full time.

This has happened every single game since time began and Ive sat in my car or van raging at the situation every home game week in week out.

Thats after they let the away coaches off.

Feel free to sit in my car at the next home game for 35 mintues to see evidence as every bus is let off one by one.

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Yes they do.

All the traffic lights go red and the busses are let off en masse about 10 mintues after full time.

This has happened every single game since time began and Ive sat in my car or van raging at the situation every home game week in week out.

Feel free to sit in my car at the next home game for 35 mintues to see evidence as every bus is let off one by one.

The buses used to get priority on the club car park too which i assume is what Francis is referring to, that stopped last season.

6 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

The buses used to get priority on the club car park too which i assume is what Francis is referring to, that stopped last season.

As in the double deckers that drive all over Bolton? The Tryers ones?

If so, they get let off all as one, it takes bloody forever and backlogs everything.

Sorry if its summet else. But those Tryers onese all still get let off together after the away is emptied.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Yes they do.

Thanks for the invite but I won’t if it’s all the same.

Since they took the stewards off the car park it’s a free for all on the club car park.

The reason you have to wait 35 minutes is that you have to join the queue that the buses are already in. 
This is not based on your car v my bus so I’m not going to fall out with anyone. It’s just my experience.

PS: If I was to sit in your car would you whisk me off to the seaside or could I get out up scout road?

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I very much got the impression that the buses just joined the queue now

3 minutes ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Thanks for the invite but I won’t if it’s all the same.

Since they took the stewards off the car park it’s a free for all on the club car park.

The reason you have to wait 35 minutes is that you have to join the queue that the buses are already in. 
This is not based on your car v my bus so I’m not going to fall out with anyone. It’s just my experience.

PS: If I was to sit in your car would you whisk me off to the seaside or could I get out up scout road?

We can go for some fish and chips next home game :D

...but trust me, those busses come off all as one. We all get stopped as they let them off.

Can tell we are doing well If we are debating bus exits haha

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

...but trust me, those busses come off all as one. We all get stopped as they let them off.

If I trusted you I still wouldn’t have fish n chips up Scout Rd. My arse is still sore from last time.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

As in the double deckers that drive all over Bolton? The Tryers ones?

If so, they get let off all as one, it takes bloody forever and backlogs everything.

Sorry if its summet else. But those Tryers onese all still get let off together after the away is emptied.

They get let out as one lump but have to queue with every fucker else to get out of the car park, in the past cars would be stopped from joining the access road whilst the buses made the drive to Burnden Way. If you didn't make it off the car park before the buses you were in for a long wait.

The lights at the car park and the Spirit Of Sport roundabout used to be monitored and controlled from the stadium security office with buses given a clear run out of the stadium once they departed and priority given to the club car park over traffic coming from Middlebrook.

• Members
15 hours ago, desperado said:

Spot on pal 👏.

I would love @Zog1 to come back on here when things are going well. 

One of his classics (amongst a whole sea of drivel)

“I know thinking doesn't gel well with the happy clappers” 🤣

He must be fucking distraught. Imagine how much clapping the 'happys' would have been indulging in on Saturday. Utter bastards.

I reckon he's gone back to Albania to reclaim his throne.

10 hours ago, gonzo said:

The buses - all 6 of them - do come off as one, but they get no priority on the car park - they just push into the qs just like anyone in a car does

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Buses also take cars off the roads in the area.

Fewer folk using them now, crowds up; it's no wonder traffic seems worse.

To reduce traffic, and encourage more folk to use them, they should get priority. 

Gonzo, perhaps try leaving 10 minutes before time...💣

For me like I said yesterday another exit for left turn is made on hotel car park to take pressure off that main roundabout near Scott’s you could then potentially park buses that go Chorley new road way on that car park 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, embankment said:

Buses not getting priority is now my reason for driving. 

Park on Tesco , ( top end ) .

Applaud team off ( win or lose)

Jump in car ,negotiate roundabout,  cut in at the lights straight past Bonny Lasses .

Park up at home , brisk 5 min walk to Brewery Tap .Arrival 17.32 .

the thing that lets you down here is going to the brewery tap , i'd sooner sit on a bus....same really, steamed up windows and sweaty people in close proximity.

• Members

Apart from those with mobility issues, or those with someone with mobility issues, I've no sympathy for anyone who goes in their car who gets stuck in traffic around the stadium.  What do you expect?

There are plenty of places within 10 mins walk where you can park and not have to sit in the traffic after the game.

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Yes they do.

they don't mate, honestly I used it last year and was on the car park 45-60 mins before we got off