Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheltenham (H)

Big E

• Site Supporter

Awful news. RIP Iain, love and prayers to his family But as somebody alluded to, in time, hopefully the family can take solace that he passed away at a place he loved and he will get a good send off and remembered by the bwfc family.

@gonzo have you been on to BWFC about your dads pal? If they are doing something tomorrow for Iain, it could maybe part of the respect/remembrance moment they are having before the game. I’ll PM you I know Phil Mason, it could be something they take on board. 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

Awful news. RIP Iain, love and prayers to his family But as somebody alluded to, in time, hopefully the family can take solace that he passed away at a place he loved and he will get a good send off and remembered by the bwfc family.

This is definitely true. My father passed away suddenly at the hotel after the QPR game a few years ago and as time passed it was certainly a healing factor knowing he had been somewhere that he loved so much.

RIP in Iain 

6 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Its been mentioned elsewhere but lets try and keep all this respectable.

A nice mention before the game and a clap on either the minute the game got stopped or the poor fellas age.

Nothing more needs to be done. No playing in black, no songs or chanting.

Lets keep it right. We arent scousers and we are not grief junkies.

All about dignity, respect and class.

Good post, I totally agree.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, gonzo said:

A nice mention before the game and a clap on either the minute the game got stopped or the poor fellas age.

Good sensible thinking, a dignified view.

• Site Supporter

Have any of these self-elected grief officers actually spoken to the poor blokes family?

I can’t think he’d have wanted all this fuss. Most blokes that age wouldn’t.

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

100% this

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spider said:

Have any of these self-elected grief officers actually spoken to the poor blokes family?

aye

i'm sure bwfc will do the right thing by the chap on behalf of the fans

the poor cheltenham fans who took things very very well are the group i think we as fans can do something for

mr iles said he would try to raise with the club at the correct time

i trust he will do what he can

2 hours ago, Spider said:

Exactly any memorial type actions should be lead by his family not by some internet attention seeker.

1 minute ago, bwfcuk said:

Cheltenham should be playing Burton that night... Strange. 

Wanderers’ League One fixture at home to Cheltenham Town has been re-scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd January (KO 7.45pm).

The game was abandoned last Saturday following a cardiac arrest suffered by supporter Iain Purslow, who sadly later died.

Wanderers will pay their respects to the 71-year-old, who was a season-ticket holder and lifelong Whites’ fan, at Tuesday night’s FA Cup tie against Luton Town at the Toughsheet Community Stadium.

Cheltenham were due to play at Burton Albion next Tuesday night, but that game has been postponed to facilitate the Robins’ re-arranged trip to Wanderers.

The Whites would like to thank both clubs for their co-operation in agreeing to the switch.

• Site Supporter

He'll have told them, "Go back and count how many tunnels they have. No, scrap that,  I'll tell you.  The answer is two.  Fucking TWO! Two fucking tunnels!  What would anyone want with two fucking tunnels?"