Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pompey (H)

Ani

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, desperado said:

What was the clamour for Greaves to lose his job for failing to get promotion? 

Pre internet, so schools playground talk was we will do it next season ( 12 years old) no idea about pubs obviously. We did. However as of 1976 we went on a run of games where we couldn’t score. And lost games to relegation threatened teams.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, tomski said:

I’d rather be in our position 

I feel like we've been in it several times already this season 

We now need to do it when it really matters

I think we can 

2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I feel like we've been in it several times already this season 

We now need to do it when it really matters

I think we can 

Yep. Without hyping pressure it’s ours to lose.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Pre internet, so schools playground talk was we will do it next season ( 12 years old) no idea about pubs obviously. We did. However as of 1976 we went on a run of games where we couldn’t score. And lost games to relegation threatened teams.

Also remember Neil whatmore giving the v’s to the wing stand after missing a sitter, can’t remember the opposition 

The 3 home games on the run even with Pompey in there looks better than when we had Wigan,Blackpool,Barnsley and Derby all away over 5 or 6 games. 

No excuses. 

21 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Might be remembering wrong but Greaves got a fair ride from the Burnden crowd in Div2. Think it was a “here we go again” attitude. Only turned nasty second season in Div 1

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Draw on Saturday and win the last 3, simples

After that result tonight I don’t want to be going into that Shrewsbury game 4 points behind Derby!

Can't believe we've been given another lifeline - especially after Blackett-Taylor's open goal miss early doors, but here we are with  automatic promotion back in our own hands (again).

I don't believe we can afford a draw and we certainly can't afford to lose any more games so IMO so there's nowt for it but for us to go and win all 4 starting on Saturday. No excuses now - we've simply got to be at our glorious best.

5 hours ago, desperado said:

After that result tonight I don’t want to be going into that Shrewsbury game 4 points behind Derby!

Yep presuming they beat Orient

I still fancy Derby’s position but they will need to up that performance from last night