Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley A

1 minute ago, SatanGreavsie said:

That's what does for me. They should be made to sell all seats not allocated to home fans. OK, we might not sell out the South stand lower, but at least it has the potential to. But to leave seats deliberately empty is shite. Even some of Barnsleyways agree. What other "industry" fails to sell to customers ready to part with their coin?

I mean, if we get to the final are we capped at selling just as many as Oxford do (or vice versa if it came to it)? It's fucking bollocks - football is on it's arse but oh no, we can't sell tickets for empty seats to them as want them.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, SatanGreavsie said:

That's what does for me. They should be made to sell all seats not allocated to home fans. OK, we might not sell out the South stand lower, but at least it has the potential to. But to leave seats deliberately empty is shite. Even some of Barnsleyways agree. What other "industry" fails to sell to customers ready to part with their coin?

Absolutely. Bonkers

The tv money will offset any empty seats so the incentive to fill the ground and incur extra policing / stewarding / catering etc is reduced. Maybe the clubs would’ve taken a different view on the allocations if the games weren’t on sky.. 

chuck in the fact that Barnsley will then only see a small percentage of the “profit” as its shared between all the play off clubs 

Edited by barrycowdrill

2 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Can't get tickets online, 

apparently I am attempting to buy more tickets than I am allowed to.. I have 4 season tickets.. I'm trying to buy 4 tickets.. 

You would think with tickets going on sale at 5pm, they would have people on hand to sell them!

Left work early , queued up outside ticket office. Got through door around 16.48 , got served at 17.10 got home 17.22 . All sorted

45 minutes ago, tomski said:

Good point raised. Interesting as I have only done 4 aways this year but in our ten year slump was away almost everywhere. 200 millwall Xmas friday etc and Sunderland replay, 1k at Blackpool under hill. Lots will have stories like this. Whilst I’m not special if I get a ticket I am not feeling guilty. 

I’d want everyone sorted who put the hard yards in currently as it’s right but if I’m getting a ticket I’m going.

Just let’s get out of this league and it will be a thing of the past.

Aye its a tricky one isn't it. Life circumstance dictate everything. 

Suppose you can only deal with the right here and now. If there was a points system you'd probably needed to have gone to shit load of aways anyway, so you just an away season ticket if that's the case.

Leave the rest to us shit fans to fight over.

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye its a tricky one isn't it. Life circumstance dictate everything. 

Suppose you can only deal with the right here and now. If there was a points system you'd probably needed to have gone to shit load of aways anyway, so you just an away season ticket if that's the case.

Leave the rest to us shit fans to fight over.

Haha yeah fuck knows where you’d start.

If you do it I think it has to be from scratch for all. Again would piss some off but the only way I think it’s fair.

All I do know is the current lazy system for BWFC is wrong.

Even realising aways at 10 am on Tuesday. It’s like they’ve looked at the peak time most people work and gone for it.

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, tomski said:

Yeah I’m up for selling my ticket if anyone wants to go to that😂

7 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'd have paid someone to take my place at that.

It was fucking horrific wasn’t it? 🤣.

The irony of having a priority system in place for that shambles 🤣

Can never be a case again like that can there of something so bad followed by something so good from one week to the next? 

It’s great being a wanderer isn’t it! 😂

Edited by desperado

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

It was fucking horrific wasn’t it? 🤣.

The irony of having a priority system in place for that shambles 🤣

Can never be a case again like that can there of something so bad followed by something so good from one week to the next? 

It’s great being a wanderer isn’t it! 😂

So bad. Thought that bloke on the side was gonna fill Parkinson in

59 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The lad I mentioned earlier who got the ticket last season, well, he's done it again despite not going to an away game since that game last season.

1st team bowler?

3 hours ago, Big E said:

People say buy an away season ticket. They sold out this year so what do we do. Surely they will want em again next year 

And exactly the same would apply to all key games which have limited availability, if there was a priority system in place. I.E. Only the ultra keen away fans would ever get the tickets - and whilst this has some merit, there is also a definite downside in terms of attracting new/newer fans into the fold, or even keeping pretty keen (away) fans motivated when they are never able to get their hands on key/limited availability away tickets.

Edited by JOGLER
spelling

• Members
20 minutes ago, jeep said:

1st team bowler?

Ha, yep.

Was talking to him at nets tonight and he said it's all wrong and he doesn't deserve one ahead of so many others... But under the current set up he's as entitled to one as much as anyone.

5 hours ago, only1swanny said:

farce of a system, I've tried playing around with the allocate ticket thing. They've messed it up a few times and had to go in to renew all 4 rather than online etc. 

Asking my wife to see if she can purchase with her sign on. 

It doesn’t seem to work if your network added member is your grandson using the same email address , as his permission can’t be obtained via a fckg email !

I’ll be queuing tomorrow.

Back to the match, can see us winning 5-2 or 1-0, think it'll be a lot different than last years away leg

Also could see us losing 1-0 but think we'd smash them at home

(after we have 56 shots on target)

Edited by TroySwoosh
because I can

6 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It doesn’t seem to work if your network added member is your grandson using the same email address , as his permission can’t be obtained via a fckg email !

I’ll be queuing tomorrow.

Check your junk mail.

Or log in as yourself, change your email address to a work one or whatever. Do a lost password request on your previous email which then allows you to log in as your grandson. Change the settings so he can manage for you and you can manage for him then change his password. Then log in with your work email, change it back to the previous one and change your password on that account too, making sure it is different to your grandson’s password. Hey presto you can manage tickets for each other and job’s a good un. Sounds like a faff but only takes 5 minutes and you’re set for life. 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, desperado said:

Oh and I will throw in again for good measure the “agreement” on 2k away tickets with 4k+ empty seats is fucking ridiculous 

Few years ago 

MK Dons v Wycombe 

30k capacity 

Gave them 2k when they could probably have easily sold 4-5k

13k attendance 

Shite

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Check your junk mail.

Or log in as yourself, change your email address to a work one or whatever. Do a lost password request on your previous email which then allows you to log in as your grandson. Change the settings so he can manage for you and you can manage for him then change his password. Then log in with your work email, change it back to the previous one and change your password on that account too, making sure it is different to your grandson’s password. Hey presto you can manage tickets for each other and job’s a good un. Sounds like a faff but only takes 5 minutes and you’re set for life. 

Four movies about the Enigma Machine - Cliomuse.com