Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

On 31/07/2022 at 06:43, Not in Crawley said:

Watched King Richard last night, maybe I wasn't in the mood but didn't really get what all the fuss was about.

Told my missus I won't watch it after the slap. The reality is I just do not fancy it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Smiley said:

George Michael film/doc. Was ok. Talented guy. Died too soon. I did like his “fuck you” attitude to authority and the record industry.

Assuming it's the same one I saw a few years back, it was a good watch, never realized just how talented he was, and got proper bummed, so to speak, by the music industry

12 hours ago, Zico said:

Assuming it's the same one I saw a few years back, it was a good watch, never realized just how talented he was, and got proper bummed, so to speak, by the music industry

Its a new one (2022) - produced by himself (pre-death obviously). I’ve now seen both. Does that make me his biggest fan?

• 2 weeks later...

Elvis was OK. 6/10 at best.Liked the guy who played him but not enough of the live performances which were the best bits for me. Tom Hanks was shite mumbling about under prosthetics like some manic Malcolm McLaren ' I invented Elvis' etc. Col Parker apparently didn't even speak with an accent like that, so why. He's same in everything now over acts like Meryl bloody Streep. Never explained why he had such a hold over Elvis as he was a complete shithouse to him in the film.

Also not to go all Cheesyfied but the black characters were woefully under explored. What did BB King really think about Elvis nicking his dress style and more over nicking black folks songs to get wealthy?

Won't be rushing back to watch it.

On 05/09/2022 at 18:44, Max Cherry said:

Elvis was OK. 6/10 at best.Liked the guy who played him but not enough of the live performances which were the best bits for me. Tom Hanks was shite mumbling about under prosthetics like some manic Malcolm McLaren ' I invented Elvis' etc. Col Parker apparently didn't even speak with an accent like that, so why. He's same in everything now over acts like Meryl bloody Streep. Never explained why he had such a hold over Elvis as he was a complete shithouse to him in the film.

Also not to go all Cheesyfied but the black characters were woefully under explored. What did BB King really think about Elvis nicking his dress style and more over nicking black folks songs to get wealthy?

Won't be rushing back to watch it.

Typical Baz Lurham rubbish I'm afraid.