Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

13 hours ago, Morizio said:

Yeah, King Richard is about the williams sisters Dad.

The King (film) starring Timothee Chalamet is about Henry V who fought at Agincourt, King Richard III fought at Bosworth and can be seen on film either as Oliver's famouse hunchback version (y'know...Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this sun of York....) or McKellen's 1995 version where he plays him as a sort of Nazi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Not a recent film but everyone’s watched it. In fact it was a part of my English Lit lesson at school. Read the book then watch the film. 

Happy Birthday, David Bradley, image.thumb.png.8975015aa317c3753d8e4b89aa7ce5b7.png

Was on our school syllabus too. An absolute classic. Vic and Bob's interpretation was brilliant too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN

Liam Neeson to bring his very particular set of skills to Naked Gun reboot
Veteran action star has agreed to lead a revival of the much-loved police spoof franchise starring Leslie Nielsen

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/oct/14/liam-neeson-naked-gun-reboot?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Someone needs to start a petition

12 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched Kajaki.

By Christ those lads had it tough. 

Listening to "oh lancashire, is wonderful... and the wanderers" with gore and limbs everywhere. What a fucking sight that must have been.

Thanks for reminding me about this. It is a great film but seems to have gone under the radar somehow for most?

I had forgotten the Wanderers link too!

Also one of the few military films that hasn't made me wince how they portray squaddies!

The banter, raft of different accents and camaraderie shown is spot on. 

21 hours ago, Zico said:

THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN

Liam Neeson to bring his very particular set of skills to Naked Gun reboot
Veteran action star has agreed to lead a revival of the much-loved police spoof franchise starring Leslie Nielsen

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2022/oct/14/liam-neeson-naked-gun-reboot?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Someone needs to start a petition

Can I add reboot of Hellraiser. Bobbins

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
40 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

As I like my war films I got told All Quiet On The Western Front is a great film.  2.5hrs long but very good, they definitely blew a big budget on this one, worth a watch as it's through the eyes of the Germans in WW1, they got a right good kicking in it too.

check the one above

On 14/10/2022 at 21:34, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just watched Kajaki.

By Christ those lads had it tough. 

Listening to "oh lancashire, is wonderful... and the wanderers" with gore and limbs everywhere. What a fucking sight that must have been.

Just watched it, he was brave throwing the bag over then jumping onto it.   Something else them lads.  Loved the Wanderers song too, made me proud..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

What's going on with Timothy Spall these days? Brilliant as Barry in Auf Wiedersehn pet. Liked a lot of what he has done since but the last two films I've seen? That bus ride thing from Scotland to Cornwall thing was as boring as bat shit and I had the displeasure of watching 'It Snows In Benidorm' last night. FFS, what a load of nonsense. On the plus side it had a rather magnificent Latina (played by a British Indian) in it in leather mini and boots who would have been worth the entrance fee alone. Generally though, utter cack.

• 1 month later...

The Captain (on Amazon Prime)

German filum about a German soldier, 2 weeks before the end of WWII, who finds a SS uniform and then invents a mission and sucks in all those around him and ends up killing loads.  All based on a true story. Proper evil cunt.  

Absolutely brilliant.

Note:  It says the filum is 4 hours long, but it's not.  The same film plays twice, once in black and white and then in colour.

15 minutes ago, DazBob said:

German filum about a German soldier, 2 weeks before the end of WWII, who finds a SS uniform and then invents a mission and sucks in all those around him and ends up killing loads.  All based on a true story. Proper evil cunt.  

Absolutely brilliant.

Note:  It says the filum is 4 hours long, but it's not.  The same film plays twice, once in black and white and then in colour.

Watched it a couple of years ago. Very good.

Might watch it again over Xmas  👍

On 21/12/2022 at 10:00, DazBob said:

Absolutely brilliant.

Great recommendation, just watched it now.

If anyone does watch it, keep it on until the credits finish.

Edited by ErnestTurnip