Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Chelsea 2 Wanderers 1

Adlington White

and yeah I used to be a happy clapper!

I also used to do score predictions using logos and footballs, used to use photoshop a lot, make kits,used to make videos, used to dance about being silly, used to record my playstation, used to love Bolton, used to watch Bolton being awesome, even when losing, loved it. no longer that, I'm only negative because it's what I'm seeing, hearing, maybe I've grown up and lost my childish side, I used post gifs, all time, smileys a lot, banana dancing smiley hasn't been used for a while, hardly make threads now.

If I did all that still, maybe I'd still go to games, but I don't feel like I used to do, not just football as above.

I also used to do score predictions using logos and footballs, used to use photoshop a lot, make kits,used to make videos, used to dance about being silly, used to record my playstation, used to love Bolton, used to watch Bolton being awesome, even when losing, loved it. no longer that, I'm only negative because it's what I'm seeing, hearing, maybe I've grown up and lost my childish side, I used post gifs, all time, smileys a lot, banana dancing smiley hasn't been used for a while, hardly make threads now.

If I did all that still, maybe I'd still go to games, but I don't feel like I used to do, not just football as above.

Go on Dids....post the banana dancing smiley.

Just for old time sakes....

We've looked alright, defended well, Chungy looks the part, Herd looks like a proper player rather an a kid. Sure people will moan. Blah blah blah shots on goal, bore off.

Well I was there and it was nothing like that

We could and should have lost about 6-1; Herd was shit and Moxey and Prately were as bad as it gets. Beckford is and was a complete lazy get but to be fair the service he got was shocking.

Medo and Mills were our best two and Spearing and Chungy did well when they came on

Craig Davies is just not good enough

The result papered up the cracks.

Our fans give them too much applause at the end; Freedman sent them all over to the fans as if we had beaten them.

I will be back just down the road at Fulham next week where I expect Fulham to run out comfortable winners

FREEDMAN OUT

• Site Supporter

Fuck me. That brought a tear to my eye. That must be the modern equivalent of losing your innocence - no longer posting dancing bananas.

Diddles, you're a fucking child. I used to feel sorry for you with the amount of abuse you got, but you're a bigger glory supporter than any United 'fan' I've ever met.

I couldn't give a shit if we deserved to lose by seven tonight; we've lost by a single goal against perhaps the best side in the country. Admittedly I haven't seen any of the game, but from what I've read and from looking at the scoreline there's clearly some spirit within the squad. I don't care if Chelsea had their reserve team out, at the end of the day we're currently a cash-strapped second tier side and they're one of the richest clubs in the world.

Just accept that we're a small-middle sized club in this country and success comes in cycles. We're no different from any other club in our class, whether it be Sheffield United, Forest or West Ham. All of those teams are in different divisions, and all three have every right to believe they should be in the top 20 clubs in the country. I wish you'd just fuck off, because it's times like these where your support really counts, and you're clearly not willing to accept that. As far as I'm aware you've not paid a penny towards the club for years so what right do you have to criticise?

I began my love of the club as an eight-year-old in 1997. I haven't even scratched the surface with some of the lows a lot of our fans have, and in the last two years I've witnessed us finish lower in the footballing ladder than ever before since my affiliation began. Nonetheless, for every time we snatch a draw at home to Yeovil you have to remember that little old Bolton have held Bayern to a draw and knocked Atletico out of the group stages in Europe. If you're a true fan then you'll have some belief that if you stick with it, one day we'll be able to reach similar highs again. Football is shite unless you go through such lows that you appreciate the highs.

Then again, you can always watch Barcelona on your mums Sky bill and pretend you're in anyway associated to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Do yourself a favour and stick to FIFA and foreign clubs that win all the time eh?  ;) The real footballing world wasn't designed for people like you. 

Just got back from Chelsea and very much enjoyed it tbh, was a nice break from the negativity the league has brought and give us a taste of what we used to have. I'm one of freedman's biggeat critics and wanted him out for months but tonight the substitutions and tactics were spot on for once (apart from keeping Beckford on).

It's beyond belief some of the stuff posted in this thread (especially by the nobhead with the Pokemon as his picture) who I personally think he enjoys the misery and was secretly pissed off when we scored then happy when they did IMO. And as for saying we hardly had any chances etc what was people expecting? They are the best team in England by a mile and will probably get to the champions league semis. We didn't field a full strenth side and did well to soak up pressure then had a decent go last 10 and to keep it to 1 goal is commendable. Not disgraced ourselves at all, contrary to some fans predictions of 8-0 etc.

Been really disheartened with the team recently like the majority but let's hope this is the catalyst to kick start the season.

COYWM

A decent performance by all accounts, showed some bollocks, some organisation, and some good individual performances.

Need to take this into the derby game now. Not turning up against derby is not an option after a decent performance against a strong Chelsea side. Hopefully we can take 3 points because they aren't unbeatable.

If we perform poorly against derby there should be no 'derby are a decent side' bollocks as we have shown we can perform against decent opposition.

A decent performance by all accounts, showed some bollocks, some organisation, and some good individual performances.

Need to take this into the derby game now. Not turning up against derby is not an option after a decent performance against a strong Chelsea side. Hopefully we can take 3 points because they aren't unbeatable.

If we perform poorly against derby there should be no 'derby are a decent side' bollocks as we have shown we can perform against decent opposition.

No we didn't, was at sixes and sevens til the last ten minutes

Lonergan and mills played out of their skin otherwise it would of been double figures

Lonergan and mills played out of their skin otherwise it would of been double figures

At least our much maligned goalie and 1st choice centre half had good games then

Going to do a Sammy Lee and take the positives from the game for this football club

You never know if we have learnt to defend we may climb away from relegation

Diddles, you're a fucking child. I used to feel sorry for you with the amount of abuse you got, but you're a bigger glory supporter than any United 'fan' I've ever met.

I couldn't give a shit if we deserved to lose by seven tonight; we've lost by a single goal against perhaps the best side in the country. Admittedly I haven't seen any of the game, but from what I've read and from looking at the scoreline there's clearly some spirit within the squad. I don't care if Chelsea had their reserve team out, at the end of the day we're currently a cash-strapped second tier side and they're one of the richest clubs in the world.

Just accept that we're a small-middle sized club in this country and success comes in cycles. We're no different from any other club in our class, whether it be Sheffield United, Forest or West Ham. All of those teams are in different divisions, and all three have every right to believe they should be in the top 20 clubs in the country. I wish you'd just fuck off, because it's times like these where your support really counts, and you're clearly not willing to accept that. As far as I'm aware you've not paid a penny towards the club for years so what right do you have to criticise?

I began my love of the club as an eight-year-old in 1997. I haven't even scratched the surface with some of the lows a lot of our fans have, and in the last two years I've witnessed us finish lower in the footballing ladder than ever before since my affiliation began. Nonetheless, for every time we snatch a draw at home to Yeovil you have to remember that little old Bolton have held Bayern to a draw and knocked Atletico out of the group stages in Europe. If you're a true fan then you'll have some belief that if you stick with it, one day we'll be able to reach similar highs again. Football is shite unless you go through such lows that you appreciate the highs.

Then again, you can always watch Barcelona on your mums Sky bill and pretend you're in anyway associated to one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Do yourself a favour and stick to FIFA and foreign clubs that win all the time eh?  ;) The real footballing world wasn't designed for people like you.

Quality post well said BWFC LOVE.

As much as I don't rate DF as a man manager or tactician I think he's a decent spotter

Well I was there and it was nothing like that

We could and should have lost about 6-1; Herd was shit and Moxey and Prately were as bad as it gets. Beckford is and was a complete lazy get but to be fair the service he got was shocking.

Medo and Mills were our best two and Spearing and Chungy did well when they came on

Craig Davies is just not good enough

The result papered up the cracks.

Our fans give them too much applause at the end; Freedman sent them all over to the fans as if we had beaten them.

I will be back just down the road at Fulham next week where I expect Fulham to run out comfortable winners

FREEDMAN OUT

Obviously respect your opinion and you were actually there from my view watching online second half thought we did reasonably well especially when LCY came on and I think at the current state of the club we need to take positives however small they are, the positives are we scored we only lost by 1 to one of the best teams in Europe/world LCY, fantastic cameo proves he's back to nearly his best, also Mills was outstanding, him and Dervite look like they could do the business for us, the players were cheered to the roofs by a positive friendly away support ( I don't think we should under estimate positive support and what it can do to motivate players) all in all I think we're moving the right way in terms of performance, my hope for Saturday is that DF goes with a bold approach with 2 strikers and including LCY and Mark Davies and Macnaughton from the start and the fans get their chins up and actually try to lift the players. COYWM

Edited by Mounts Kipper

FREEDMAN OUT

Come on, it was a cup game against the top team in the country, some light relief - at least I saw a goal and felt like clapping the players off which is more than the other games i've been to this season. Hopefully the players can take a slightly more upbeat mood into the next couple of games which we really need something from.

Not going to deny that 2-1 massively flattered us and Moxey is shit though.