Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Todays Games

superjohnmcginlay

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Perfectly correct though. The oft written patronising comment tends to illustrate an acceptance of that.

Up to you whether want to accept reality.

I reckon if Sunak had persisted with HS2, you'd be lauding it... And rightly so.

One of the major advantages of HS2 is easing the pressure on local services. You simply can't run high speed and low speed on the same lines and expect either service to be efficient or reliable.

Hopefully it's not quite dead and buried just yet...

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

Have you any idea what that would do to our xG factor ???

It probably wouldn't affect it as xG covers actual attempts on the opposition goal and the likelihood of the particular chances being converted.

Getting rid rather than inviting pressure might improve our xGA, however.

5 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

Why are most teams suddenly setting up like they've  defence of Beckenbauers in their side. The amount of farting around with it at the back is mad trend.

Every game I watch there seems to be at least one goal conceded through dicking about

Fookin hoof it if there's nowt on🤣

I find myself willing a mistake by the defenders/keeper that results in a goal.  You see halves of football where the only chances "created" are by the keeper or CB passing it to one of their's (same as Northampton's first 2 chances v us, 1 in each half involving Santos/Baxter).  Its shit to watch and I love it when it goes pear shaped, which it often does.  The Bournemouth and Chelsea cock ups were the best this week as they both clearly cost their team points.

On 24/10/2023 at 10:31, deeane Koontz said:

Why are most teams suddenly setting up like they've  defence of Beckenbauers in their side. The amount of farting around with it at the back is mad trend.

Every game I watch there seems to be at least one goal conceded through dicking about

Fookin hoof it if there's nowt on🤣

Coz Citeh do it and are probably the best in the world at the moment same way everyone was trying to copy the Tiki-taka style when Spain/Barca were kings

14 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

Coz Citeh do it and are probably the best in the world at the moment same way everyone was trying to copy the Tiki-taka style when Spain/Barca were kings

City don't really fart about with it as much as these mon are attempting at the back, they're only releasing the ball at the very last second.

Its piss funny watching the inevitable disasters though.

3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Watched with my Wednesday mate in Lanzarote last night.

Weds are bloody awful. Taking nothing away from Plymouth like.

Where are you staying pal ?? im flying out there next friday for 8 nights.

were staying at sands resort in Teguise for "soul in the sun"