Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwfc V Wolverhampton

Ratwhite

Today was a quite convincing result, especially first half. Prime example of grinding out a result. Defence was reasonably solid and alert. Couple of lapses but we were against one of the most potent strike forces in the league so I'll take that result. Moxey outstanding again, Pisano/Casado are going to have a job outing him and Wilson.

Mark Davies was outstanding again. I think we've found a great position for him in the holding midfielder role, pulls the strings and then bombs forward and shows his class completely.

Wellington is impressing me more and more in each game. Doesn't quite have the end product yet but he wants to bomb forward at every opportunity and his flair is something we've missed badly. His passion is clearly there as well.

Feeney was Feeney, worked tirelessly. Usual, great finish as well.

Madine worked hard against two brick walls, he needs a goal though. His head dropped completely after the first miss.

What are we going to do when Pratleys fit? He obviously has to play. It's only just sunk in how many midfielders we've got.

Pratley

Danns

Vela

Spearing

Medo

Davies

Probably missed a couple more as well and we've got 2 to choose. Do we drop Clough (unthinkable) push Davies forward and have Pratley and _____?

• Site Supporter

Madine is getting some unfair stick, he's doing a reasonable job and with a bit more luck/composure could have had 4 or 5 goals to his name. I bet when he does miss a game through injury or suspension we moan saying we miss him.

Liked the look or Dez and Prince and the back. Prince does lose concentration at times which is probably why he's not playing in top flight football somewhere.

Wellington is starting to look superb and takes 2 defenders with him - perhaps frees Clough up in future games. All round decent performance, still room for improvement but Vela was an improvement on Danns, hope he stays in the team

"I dunno, losing to the $#@!ing Horwich $#@!s hurts. I don't think it is disaffection, just feeling really down about a very poor day at the office today, and that poor day being against a team that many fans hate even more than our local rivals."

Lovely stuff :thumbsup:

What's the word on DogheadWays?

Surprisingly poor turn out for them today I thought  - saw sod all of them on the trip up and back as well. In contrast there were Derby coaches galore on the way back - wonder how many they took to Preston? Not that I give a fuck, but they've clearly had the biggest Midlands turnout at ours thus far. Fuckers

I thought Wellington was awful today, he did well for the penalty but other that did nothing.

Really wound me up when ball went to him from a corner, he stood and waited then did fuck all.

He can clearly play but think he thinks he is better than he is.

I thought Wellington was awful today, he did well for the penalty but other that did nothing.

Really wound me up when ball went to him from a corner, he stood and waited then did fuck all.

He can clearly play but think he thinks he is better than he is.

I thought he played well , granted there was a moment in the second half from a short corner where he stood waiting for the defender and just lost possession was stupid , I'm sure Lennon will knock that out of his game .

But defensively I was impressed in previous games he's been very guilty of ball watching, today he was a lot more switched on.

More worried about Zach cloughs lack of form , god knows what dobbie has to do to get a bit of game time!

Surprisingly poor turn out for them today I thought  - saw sod all of them on the trip up and back as well. In contrast there were Derby coaches galore on the way back - wonder how many they took to Preston? Not that I give a fuck, but they've clearly had the biggest Midlands turnout at ours thus far. Fuckers

Don't think there's ever been such a quiet Wolves following either, even at 0-0.

And many muppets wanted rid.

Every team has muppets Mounts. Appreciate his injury record is very poor, but how people can't see we are a better team with him in the side is beyond me.

The kind of player that you can trust passing the ball to 30 yards from your own goal and know they won't give it away cheaply

Every team has muppets Mounts. Appreciate his injury record is very poor, but how people can't see we are a better team with him in the side is beyond me.

The kind of player that you can trust passing the ball to 30 yards from your own goal and know they won't give it away cheaply

The lads class shames his injuries have prevented him from fulfilling his potential.

Th'East Midlands Whites are just back and are drinking heavily - partially in celebration and partially to drown the sorrows of a horrendous 4 hour journey up - the M6 can officially fuck off!

I hope the east Midland whites enjoyed copious amounts of booze beating the dogheads