Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bury 0 Wanderers 2

captainmed

were there any empty seats behind the goal

where i was stood it seemed full yet hundreds of us didnt have seats

We bought three tickets L132, L133 and L134. 132 and 133 were on the end of a row next to the steps. We assumed 134 would be the other side of the steps. But no, that was seat 138. There was no 134-137, so we had been sold a seat that didn't exist. Good work, Bury.

Don't know if that was just our row, but it might explain why so many didn't appear to have a seat.

:D

We are going to win the league on Tuesday 18th April at home to.... Bury 

:thumbsup:

Hopefully, but Bury are playing their 'Good Friday' match on Maundy Thursday (v Rochdale), whereas Bolton are playing a day late on Easter Saturday, before Bolton v Bury on Easter Tuesday instead of Monday.

Nrither keeper had alot to do. Our 1st pen was dodgy as fook. If it had stayed 0-0 for longer I dont think everyone would be thinking its our year.

Or if Clough puts away the chance straight after the goal we could batter them.

5 games, 15 points, no goals conceded is why people are starting to get more optomistic.

They had 2 shots on target in whole game. Clough should score another Proctor should score.

Other than Danns free kick there was no period they looked like scoring.

We bought three tickets L132, L133 and L134. 132 and 133 were on the end of a row next to the steps. We assumed 134 would be the other side of the steps. But no, that was seat 138. There was no 134-137, so we had been sold a seat that didn't exist. Good work, Bury.

Don't know if that was just our row, but it might explain why so many didn't appear to have a seat.

I think they sold tickets for a non-existent Row I as well!

were there any empty seats behind the goal

where i was stood it seemed full yet hundreds of us didnt have seats

We were seats 9 and 10, to the left as you walked in, plenty empty round us and in the back corner. That probably explains so many stood at front.

Must have been a couple of hundred without seats, so how many tickets were sold. They are a small insignificant club with poor support and no idea how to stage a game like that.

A chap went round pre-match handwriting seat numbers on, must have been pissed!

• Site Supporter

Must have been a couple of hundred without seats, so how many tickets were sold. They are a small insignificant club with poor support and no idea how to stage a game like that.

Or have a very astute accountant who will declare only one of the tickets sold for each seat.

Imagine; Ticket A1 is sold twice. Once for £23 or whatever the adult rate was and one for a child (£1)

Inland revenue gets to hear about only the £1 ticket and claim 20p as their share.

A glance through the recent fixture history of Bolton v Bury confirms that they're no longer remotely our bogey team.

We started playing them again for the first time since the 60s in 1985/6 and didn't finally beat them until our very last game of the 80s, 30 December 1989, a 3-1 win at Burnden.

Between 85/86 and 88/89 we played them six times in the league (Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 4) and 10 times overall (Won 0 Drawn 3 Lost 7) 

Since (and including) that 3-1 victory in 1989 (Reeves 2, Storer) ended their glory-run, we've played them 9 times in the league (Won 4 Drawn 2 Lost 3) and 16 times overall including four league cup fixtures, one Sherpa Van game at Burnden in 92/3 and two play off games in 1991 (Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 5). 

And our last 3 competitive fixtures at Giggle Lane have been W 0-2 (League Cup 93), L 2-1 (Championship 99), W 0-2 (last night). Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 1. Seventeen years since we lost there. Twenty four hours since our last win there. 

Bury were our bogey team for the second half of the 80s. Jinx? I think not.

It was already in my pocket and I just acted numb. "What the fuck you talking about?" :whistle: :unknw:

Then when you offered him the pie.

Went into the stand and reappeared at the other end. LW finished it off.

For those who weren't there, a small hip flask had accidentally slipped into my pocket at home full of brandy. Medicinal, obviously.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

A glance through the recent fixture history of Bolton v Bury confirms that they're no longer remotely our bogey team.

We started playing them again for the first time since the 60s in 1985/6 and didn't finally beat them until our very last game of the 80s, 30 December 1989, a 3-1 win at Burnden.

Between 85/86 and 88/89 we played them six times in the league (Won 0 Drawn 2 Lost 4) and 10 times overall (Won 0 Drawn 3 Lost 7) 

Since (and including) that 3-1 victory in 1989 (Reeves 2, Storer) ended their glory-run, we've played them 9 times in the league (Won 4 Drawn 2 Lost 3) and 16 times overall including four league cup fixtures, one Sherpa Van game at Burnden in 92/3 and two play off games in 1991 (Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 5). 

And our last 3 competitive fixtures at Giggle Lane have been W 0-2 (League Cup 93), L 2-1 (Championship 99), W 0-2 (last night). Won 2 Drawn 0 Lost 1. Seventeen years since we lost there. Twenty four hours since our last win there. 

Bury were our bogey team for the second half of the 80s. Jinx? I think not.

Very true Paul.

17 years and counting since those empty fuckers beat us in a league game.

In the I interests of fair play, as I've been critical of him previously, I must give a mention to Josh Vela...thought he played well & worked his socks off last night

Another one, aye.

If he had got a goal last night his confidence in that role would have been through the roof. Was a good performance.